All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:57 pm 
Medium Poster

Thanks everybody, you've confirmed what I thought , just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any better methods. So far there has always been other kiters around, well except once.

I asked some friendly people if they wouldn't mind just grabbing my kite as I flew it down to them, bad idea. The two woman were smart enough to reach for the kite but the guy just started grabbing the lines (from the leaward side) about ten feet short of the kite before the woman could reach it. I had to yell at him to get away from there. We talked after and apologized for scaring him. I realized just how stupid I'd been. Lesson learned.
Lane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:56 am 
Frequent Poster

Hi, perhaps I'm a bit late with my thoughts, but I use the same method as Michel and see no problems, also in overpowered conditions. I prefer the water landing because of less risk of damage to the kite. Very close to the beach I drop the kite in the water by steering it gently to the edge of the window and lower it just above the water. Than drop it leading edge down and release the bar and hold the safety. The kite will open up and will loose power. Just follow the safetly line and bring the kite in.

Works very well for me. I prefer to do it close to the beach where I can stand. If not, tangling in the lines while swimming is risky.

Good luck!

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2