Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite Pulls?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite Pulls?

Postby Guest » Thu May 15, 2003 3:38 pm

Have a puzle to solve on my kite. The kite is PERFECTLY balanced fyying to the left, to the point that I did 2-300 yards with both hands off the bar and the kite parked perfectly 20'off of the water. To the right, however, the kite dives to the water and I must constantly correct.

The line set is about 4 sessions old--Q-line homemade, and I am a port favored jumper, so there might be some uneven length to correct now. They were dead on and pre-stretched when I started

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steve
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Steve » Thu May 15, 2003 5:35 pm

What kind of kite, bar, lines?

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Thu May 15, 2003 6:08 pm

If your kite has a small tendency to turn right, this could be cancelled by its weight flying at the left side. When you park the kite to the right you will notice this tendency more.
When you fly an "imbalanced" kite, the bad side is always where the kite try to go down.
Perhaps is only a bar-lines problem, recheck your lines or fly it with the bar left to right just to do the test.
How the kite behaves at 12 gives you an idea on how balanced it is.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Re: Kite Pulls?

Postby Dwight » Sat May 17, 2003 3:05 am

hoodriverkiter wrote:Have a puzle to solve on my kite. The kite is PERFECTLY balanced fyying to the left, to the point that I did 2-300 yards with both hands off the bar and the kite parked perfectly 20'off of the water. To the right, however, the kite dives to the water and I must constantly correct.

The line set is about 4 sessions old--Q-line homemade, and I am a port favored jumper, so there might be some uneven length to correct now. They were dead on and pre-stretched when I started

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Q line is very stretchy the first several sessions. You need to recheck the lines now, and in a few weeks, then they stop stretching.

offshore?
Frequent Poster

Postby offshore? » Sat May 17, 2003 6:33 pm

easy answer park the kite at the zenith (in safe area/winds) ans see what it does, if it moves right fault is setup problem (bar/lines)

it could be due to uneven heel wieght i.e. your favoured direction

Return to “Kitesurfing”