Jorrit
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jorrit » Mon May 13, 2002 5:28 pm

Hi boarders!!!!

How are you doing?! I´m fine!
I have a question about boards. I´m able to give somebody a design from myself to build a board for me. I can let him make boards exactly like the underground boards, and others.
I think I want a board like a underground. I don´t know what for more details I want to let him make, because I want a board that good is for me(I´m not a ´´standard person´´ with my 171 length, 54 kg and 14 years) Please tell me what do you think.

Here something in the direction I want go;
First something about myself; I ride now on a Brunotti Twintip 2faced 160 cm and with a F.one Mach 1 12.1 and maybe later a 9.1. I ride on a lake with almost flat water and a wind around the 3/4/5 bft sometimes higher. My length is 171 cm and my weight is 55 kg.

I want a board like 130 to 145 cm and the rail must be very sharp (like the undergrounds). And than the board is very thin, and good for going upwind and easy turns. But what size?! The underground are 18-20 mm I guess.
Because the board is very small (130 to 145cm) I want the width a bit bigger, I don´t know what size. Maybe 36 cm or something?! Why? For better and easy landings!
The weight; I think the best is if it is around the 2/3 kg....I´m 55 kilo and 171 cm long, and than it is a little bit difficult to turn with a 160 cm board (and maybe with a boardweigth around the 4 kg).
I think I want to let him make 2 (maybe 4 on the other side of the board for switch stance/fakie) extra like the Slingshot Skate serie boards-> I have then 6 or 8 fins(or maybe 7 or 9 with a middle fin like the Brunotti´s if that´s a need then because I have already more fins then a bit to the middle). Why is that good the 2(or maybe 4) extra more fins?! What´s the reason?! And which size fins you think I must take……please all(the standards, the middle and the extra)?!
Oh yes, an another question. I heard he/the company make board from epoxy/kevlar and carbon, but I´m not a creative person and I don’t know those materials. Can anybody say something about the materials? What´s the best?!
Maybe I want to buy my own fins, pads and straps(the ones which have a big width…like NSI) from F.one and maybe the fins of Brunotti, but I don´t know if I must give him then other sizes for the holes for make the straps to the board. Also I let him make 2 holes for a handle in the middle.
I can give my own paint….I like that, a bourd, with my own design/colours and maybe my own name on the board haha!

I hope you can tell me a lot, to a not creative person (and not a lot of board know-how person)
Please if you have others minds, tell me and tell me why you think. Tell me also the benefits and ????(the other side)
Maybe this seems like I´m a person that asking much (I want, I must, I will, let make him etc.), but I´m 14 years and my English isn´t very good and I don´t know how I can say some thinks. I hope you´ll understand it.

Thanks for your time,
Jorrit

Jorrit
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Jorrit » Mon May 13, 2002 5:34 pm

Hi,

Something else I was forgot. The wind where I ride is often very gusty and I think he doesn´t make boards in combination with carbon/kevlar and epoxy (all the 3 in one board is what I´m trying to say)....but one of the materials, or maybe 2 in combination or something...You see I don´t nothing about making a board!

Thanks agian,
Jorrit

Postby Guest » Mon May 13, 2002 7:51 pm

hi,

It's better to talk dutch to you,
Je kan op http://clix.to/kitesurf kijken, of daar vragen stellen, die gasten hebben al vaker boards gemaakt

andy
http://www.kitesurfing-freak.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”