Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gaastra GRX bladder problems

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gaastra GRX bladder problems

Postby Guest » Thu May 22, 2003 5:22 pm

I've pesonally seen a few 2003 Gaastra GRXs develop LE bladder problems(holes) near the tip(and have heard of others). And the problem occurred after only 2-3 uses! As there are so few of these kites around, have others experienced or know of this problem?
If the bladder problem is not unusual, why would anyone even consider their Phoenix which has 2 LE bladders...twice the problem!
At first glance the kites just don't seem to be built as well as the 2003 North, Naish, or Cabrinha...and maybe the bladder problem confirms?

Buzzy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

..I had no problem with my bladders in ahlf year of heavy us

Postby Buzzy » Thu May 22, 2003 7:22 pm

I had a quiver of GXRs in BVenezuela and had no problems with my bladders..heavy use, nearly every day for 5 month..so I guess you just had a bad luck, contact your dealer or gaastra for help..

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42

Postby Wolfgang » Thu May 22, 2003 7:50 pm

No problems so far, see recent related posting:

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10125

I also know from sources close to the European distributor that Gaastra's GXRs have one of the lowest complaint rate in comparison to other brands.

macca
Very Frequent Poster

Postby macca » Thu May 22, 2003 9:30 pm

Bought a used GXR(6months old), no problems with bladders, but the white webbing straps which the pig tails tie to are showing signs of cutting through. Put some wsebbing strap round to stop the wear, material looks to hard .

Other wise a great kite, not supper fast but nice feel (16.5).

The carbon bar had a plastic collar through the centre, which wore through, replaced with a clam on collar.

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Thu May 22, 2003 10:19 pm

We rent Gaastra GXR's and use the Gspots for 4-line lessons at Kitexcite. Stefan and I also personally ride them. It is one of the best, most durable kites on the market. No bladder problems either!

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Fri May 23, 2003 12:28 am

On Some of the early GXR's the LE bladder wasn't tucked in under the fold at the tip.This causes the bladder to creep up in the wing tip and pop when inflated(because there's nothing controlling its inflation). As long as the bladder is tucked in-no problem. It happened on one of mine as well. Take care, Stefan :thumb: :bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”