Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which wake or switcher holds edge best?

Forum for kitesurfers
phree
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phree » Sat May 18, 2002 4:19 pm

I'm riding a 175 Olry now and like it. But I sometimes lose edge when overpowered. It almost seems like it's a bigger board than I need but I don't know. Thinking I might like a shorter board with sharper rails. Do you have any advice on this subject or boards to recommend? I weigh 68kg.
Thanks for help~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phree on 2002-05-18 17:35 ]</font>

mike
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mike » Sat May 18, 2002 5:20 pm

The Wave Tray 147 will be perfect for you (see earlier thread).

Mike

Mega-Air
Rare Poster

Postby Mega-Air » Sat May 18, 2002 6:05 pm

The new F-one TT 168 has very sharp rails.
But if you want to go smaller the TT 142 is an excelent board and very light

enzo
Medium Poster

Postby enzo » Sat May 18, 2002 6:05 pm

I would higly reccomend the Jimmy Lewis vulcan II Dominatrix or similar (more durable and a bit cheaper) Wipika Inferno.
Having said that there are a lot of very good boards out there which will deliver great hedging, I have tried these 2 specific ones and liked them a lot.
enzo

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat May 18, 2002 6:13 pm

there are many good boards out there, but still with differences while riding.
I thought the Underground LT 151 was a great board. Just two days ago I rode it again becuase a guy wanted to test my X-Shooter. I couldn't believe the difference! I couldn't edge nor stop the kite in powered up situations with the Underground. Also keeping the height wasn't easy. For jumps I couldn't ede enough. What I want to say is, that there already is a big difference from 2001 boards to 2002 boards. If you can, go trough a magazine and its test and then ask around on the spots as well as here in the forum.

Greetings
Toby

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sat May 18, 2002 6:14 pm

forgot the sizes: choose between 140 and 150, you don't need bigger.

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Sun May 19, 2002 8:02 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm now trying to check out all the boards you listed. I did go back and read the Underground Wavetray posts but never found a link to the actual boards. Howver, I did find a link to Cape Doctor boards in that string. Cape Doctor boards directly emphasized my top priority: LIGHT RIDERS MAINTAINING EDGE IN POWERED UP CONDITIONS. However, I use a leash (surf nut retractable-and don't plan to give it up)and Cape Doctor boards may not hold up to a leash plug. I Liked the super sharp rails on the X-shooter but there's not a US distributor & it's on the high end even before customs. The Inferno claims to have "great stomp" but I wonder if that translates to the mega-bite I'm looking for. The Inferno ALSO says it's a little wider for extra stability and more pop on jumps. I dunno~ unfortunately, I'm in a remote place without the chance to try different boards. That's why I'm picking you guy's brains! :grin: Has anyone tried the Cabrinha Prankser 150? Also if you have that Wavetray link or a link to the Jimmy Lewis board, please post when you get a chance. Thanx again!
PS: I plan to use something similar to the NSI Anti-Bindings or MAYBE a wake sandal but definitely NOT full bindings. I know I have to compromise some of my edge control here but want to avoid ankle/knee probs... Anymore feedback on the subject would be cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phree on 2002-05-19 09:45 ]</font>

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun May 19, 2002 12:19 pm

I tried the Prankster 150 and I didn't like it. It has a good grip, but it is damn heavy and not loose at all. When I tried to switch it 180 I had to push really hard to slide it. Other boards have the same grip but easier to slide and play with.
No good choice for me...

The latest style you see on the water are the one or two foot off tricks, so many pros are going back to foot straps to keep up with these cool tricks. Also I heard about knee problems when using bindings. Personally I like to get away from the board easily when screwing a jump.

Toby

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Sun May 19, 2002 11:40 pm

try a normal wakeboard (with continouus rockerline) :smile:

Postby Guest » Mon May 20, 2002 9:34 pm

You won't find much info on the Wave Tray on the Underground site (http://www.undergroundkiteboards.com/) but there are some interesting comments on the Egroups:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/ ... threaded=1 - just type "Underground" or "WT" in the search facility and read the threads. Persuaded me to try one.

John F

Return to “Kitesurfing”