Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

aero II Tuning

Forum for kitesurfers
Gomez
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Gomez » Thu May 29, 2003 8:43 am

Look here, this is not about one person, me. I am talking on behalf of many. If I had never looked at this site, to this day I would not know of there having been a fault on some Aero 2s. Many people would not know there is a fault, that they may have a faulty kite (no serial numbers provided), and that Naish are apparently replacing the faulty kites. You can not, repeat can not rely on a shop to get in contact with you on this.

Sean, I did not contact the shop I bought them as they have repeatedly given me false and incorrect information on several other matters so can not be trusted. I contacted a Naish Australian distributor who informed me that no faulty kites were ever sold in Australia, that if you bought a kite from an authorized Australian dealer, it would not have been faulty. However this is in conflict with information posted from a major Australian dealer saying that in fact, faulty Aero 2s were imported into the country. I do not think that Naish can be trusted now because they have not publicly announced a recall or provided serial numbers. It seems like as it is only a very minor fault that they will only replace kites when the customer has registered or when asked to, if the consumer 'finds out'. The only way one would know about the recall would be hearsay or stumbling accross this forum........................ :o

JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH :nono:

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MadMick » Thu May 29, 2003 9:10 am

Gomez,for fucks sake,give it a break!!

you are flogging a dead horse!!

can't you see no one is supporting you?

The Aero 11 from the alledged bad batch was imported into Australia,but NONE were sold. they were recalled from the dealer.Before any made it onto the market.

the truth of the matter is that as soon as a fault was suspected,the kites were recalled World wide.

Because Naish did the right thing and fixed the problem BEFORE there were any comlaints,I do not see a problem.

Face it man,there is nothing wrong with your kite,there is nothing wrong with any one elses kite either. All Aero 11 owners are extremley happy with their kites.

Rest assured that you have the best kite that you can get,with the best warranty and backup that you can get.

Enjoy!

Pie
Medium Poster

Postby Pie » Thu May 29, 2003 9:17 am

gomez, Is your sexlife or kiting skills so bad that you became so frustrared?

good luck in life,
I go to the sea now, great wether here

Pie

redsc1
Medium Poster

Postby redsc1 » Thu May 29, 2003 10:41 am

Hey Pie

Can you post the link to the Aero II set up on the Naish Hawaii site as I can seem to find it, doh!

Thanks
Simon

ROLAVI
Medium Poster

Postby ROLAVI » Thu May 29, 2003 12:26 pm

I'm interested in Aero2 tuning advice aswell. However, no one wants to respond because this entity named gomez will hijack any thread about Aero2s to bash Naish.

Responding like I'm doing now just feeds into his goal.

It is a shame this guy isn't shut down.

Rolavi

Sean-CA
Medium Poster

Postby Sean-CA » Thu May 29, 2003 1:24 pm

Gomez,

As MadMick states
Aero II from the alledged bad batch WAS imported into Australia,but NONE were sold. they were recalled from the dealer. Before any made it onto the market.
You say it yourself in your last post and it´s all correct they WERE imported but NONE ever sold:
I contacted a Naish Australian distributor who informed me that no faulty kites were ever sold in Australia that if you bought a kite from an authorized Australian dealer, it would not have been faulty. However this is in conflict with information posted from a major Australian dealer saying that in fact, faulty Aero 2s were imported into the country.
This is true and happened not only in Australia, I have first hand experience of the same.

I think people can rest assure that their kites are good and I hope that we can leave this subject behind soon.

Sean

Gomez
Rare Poster

Postby Gomez » Thu May 29, 2003 2:24 pm

the truth of the matter is that as soon as a fault was suspected,the kites were recalled World wide
OK people...................I am NOT convinced but I AM gonna drop it.

BUT, if I ever hear in the future of just ONE person holding a recalled kite, I will be back on to you guys and Naish with a vengence.

This situation would not have happened if it were windsurfing or paragliding equipment. These sports people are sophisticated and demand to be correctly informed. I guess it will just take time for kiting but maybe not, from some responses here. :roll:
:bye: :bye: :bye:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu May 29, 2003 2:30 pm

MadMick wrote:Gomez,for fucks sake,give it a break!!

you are flogging a dead horse!!

can't you see no one is supporting you?

The Aero 11 from the alledged bad batch was imported into Australia,but NONE were sold. they were recalled from the dealer.Before any made it onto the market.

the truth of the matter is that as soon as a fault was suspected,the kites were recalled World wide.

Because Naish did the right thing and fixed the problem BEFORE there were any comlaints,I do not see a problem.

Face it man,there is nothing wrong with your kite,there is nothing wrong with any one elses kite either. All Aero 11 owners are extremley happy with their kites.

Rest assured that you have the best kite that you can get,with the best warranty and backup that you can get.

Enjoy!

Totally agree!!! The AERO II rocks bigtime, nothing wrong with mine.... i'm quite keen on hearing hints on how to tune an AERO II as opposed to hearing someone go Naish Bashing... If you don't like Naish Gomez then get something else.....

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu May 29, 2003 2:47 pm

Cool now here are some of my findings on tuning the Naish AERO II. Firstly I have the 8m version.

I use the out of the bag setup, the stock bar, stock lines etc.

Now as you may have noticed, the lines are 20m with 7m extensions. This may come in handy if your kiting in solid 35 knots but for most purposes the 27's work just fine.

Now the setup:

I attach my rear lines the the middle knot on the designated pigtail.

On the front I attach my lines to the outer knot on the designated pigtail.

Now at the bar end.....

I don't use the knot at the end of the leaders, I use the next knot down.

This way I can still have steering in the kite when fully sheeted out with no more bar travel to spare. This may limit my top end a bit but the 8m top end is 30+ knots, which I haven't used the kite in yet (i 've had it in stuff gusting to just under 30 knots).

Anyway as for the different settings to use. As yet I haven't used the less powerful pigtail for the front lines, so far i've only used the more powerful inner pigtail.

As fore the rear settings, you have 3 pigtails to choose from, I've only used the fast setting on the beach, it turns pretty quick and this was in 10 knots. The middle setting goes well in 20 knots and makes life easier when the odd lull comes along as it's not as hard on your arms when you wanna sign the kite to keep planing. When the wind is totally going off though you'll need the slow setting, remember though this is for the 8m size, you may use the fast setting lot's more for the larger sizes like the 20 or 18.

As for feel it's in between that of the first AERO and that of the X2.

Return to “Kitesurfing”