Forum for kitesurfers
Phtog
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Phtog » Fri May 30, 2003 4:42 pm

Sherlock,
Funny how you won't sign your name. Sounds to me like you have more of a beef with ME than you have a legitimate arguement over the Velocity Games. Even though you didnt Sign your name I think the people in Texas know who you are and I DEFINENTLY KNOW who you are. We will keep that between you and I, and that is good enough for me. Way to make yourself look good.
Bucky

peacemaker
Rare Poster

Postby peacemaker » Fri May 30, 2003 8:05 pm

To me the Velocity Games was about riding, not sponsors, not egos. The Games seemed to have an excellent vibe. Everyone was excited to be there... excited that kiting is getting so much GOOD attention and excited about the fact that the Velocity Games organizers had the balls to take this event to the next level. Kiteboarding and the Velocity Games are NOT about the name you have on your kite. It's about getting the best athletes together and pushing the envelope. I believe that happened. The Velocity Games was a huge sucess and Bucky Ashcraft made it one regardless of the name on his kites. Thanks Bucky!

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Cabrinha Dominates the 2003 Velocity Games

Postby windshreder » Sat May 31, 2003 3:09 am

This post is crap. Its a fucking advertisement for Cabrhina.
Look at who posted it
Joined May 29, 2003 and has made one post and its a Cabhrina advertisement.
Toby,
You should delete this "Press Release" from Cabhrina or at least post it as one. This drivel does not belong here.

The 2003 Velocity Games was sick!! The Cabrinha Team smoked all contenders round after round. There is no question, kiteboarding has gone to a whole new level. This was the first contest to have a kicker and a slider as part of each round. This was the first contest requiring a leash system and a helmet for the kicker and slider. Handlepasses galore, each one higher and higher. Cabrinha's Martin Vari with not only one of the highest jumps of the contest, but adding the sickest handle pass to it. Andre Phillip, not only regulating the kicker, but sticking mobes and flat 360's off it. Jody Tolliaferro was the only women to go off the kicker while being pulled by the ski and was the only female competitior to throw a sick back-roll with a full kiteloop, no frizzy hey I landed and my kite is going through, a full loop!! Tahiti Moehau Goold hit that kicker like his life depended on it, harder and faster, sticking clean 360 handle passes. Elliot Leboe with busted ribs, having to sport a seat harness, still managed to keep it together wihile throwing down some serious wake style. Mark Ramsiere was smooth, I'm talking Barry White. He was flawless, smooth high spins, board off, kite loops, you name it this guy is butter, on and off the water. Julie Gilbert had the highest boost for the women and even hit the kicker. She tore her way to 2nd place in the finals by staying in front of the judges and ahead of the game. The sickest trick had to go to Martin Vari for a back roll to 50-50 on the slider all the way across. The Cabrinha crew saw the light and litt it up for everyone. Martin, Andre, Moehau, Mark, and Elliott all used stock Power-Lock bars. Martin, Mark, and Jody all used stock Vari 138 boards while Andre switched between a 138 Vari and a 2004 Cabrinha Icon, all with ZERO damage. All used stock 2003 Cabrinha BlackTip kites that elvated them all to new levels. In the end it was Cabrinha's Martin Vari in 1st and Cabrinha's Andre Phillip taking 2nd and taking 3rd was Jaime Herraiz. Special Thanks to the city of Corpus Cristi, the Neuse County Police, Bucky Ashcraft, Paul Menta and the entire Velocity Games Crew!! Congratulations to the entire Cabrinha Crew, you kicked ass!!! :thumb:

For further info go to http://www.kitewindsurf.com or for further info on the Cabrinha Team Gear,email Garry (SOLIDKB) at gmenk@hotmail.com

kiteantigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby kiteantigua.com » Sat May 31, 2003 4:37 pm

windshredder what do you have to say about this post which was a "north press release"? Martin Vari of Cabrinha domintad every heat as was reported by all who were there except this press release which stated that even though he won it was actually the North riders who "ruled". For more on that strange post look below or click here: index.php?page=http://www.kiteforum.com ... tton=forum
PKRA Event Lake Neusiedl – Rhino2 still rules!
(April 30, 2003-Podersdorf, Austria)- As hoped, the wind gradually returned through out the day, allowing for a 2pm start to the finish of the Freestyle Double Elimination. Winds were a gusty 16-22 knots, from the south. Picking up as the heats advanced made for difficult decision making for the riders, regarding their kite sizes! The dreaded wind hole on the shoreline added to the drama as the Finals neared.

Phillip ANT, building on his progressive and strong performance in 2002, won Eloy FRA- a new face on the PKRA showing lots of promise as he rose from 25th in the Singles ladder to 9th place! And, Shinn UK, our 2001 Tour Champion passed by De Jong NED.

James USA, showing marked improvement and his signature style left behind Lago ESP. In the same Heat, Herraiz ESP, demonstrating the results of his determined training, won over Phillip ANT.

In the Men’s Quarter Finals James USA took down the mighty Herraiz ESP. Continuing to the Men’s Semi Finals James USA, continued on to take down Koch USA, though Koch demonstrated much grace and flow.

In the Women’s Finals, it was the pervasive Cindy Mosey NZL who prevailed over Claire Bunton UK. The Men’s Finals was energy in motion, as James USA and his comrade Vari ARG exchanged tricks, it was Martin Vari ARG, who finished 1st Place in the Men’s Freestyle competition!

Results Men:

1. Vari ARB

2. James USA (North)

3. Koch USA

4. Herraiz ESP (North)

9. De Joeng NED (North)

9. Eloy FRA (North)

13. Deleau FRA (North)

25. Sieber AUT (North)

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Sat May 31, 2003 11:39 pm

It seems at first glance that they did but if you look closely.... where happened to the names for 5th , 6th , 7th,8th 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th 18th 19th 20th 21st 22nd 23rd 24th ?
here is the actual results
1st Vari, Martin ARG Cabrinha:
2nd James, Will USA North
3rd Koch, Adam USA Naish
4th Herraiz, Jaime ESP North
5th Lago, Abel ESP Naish
5th Phillip, Andre ANT Cabrinha
7th Doyle, Mark USA Slingshot
7th Shinn, Mark UK Nasih
9th Hadlow, Aaron UK Flexifoil
9th De Jong, Steph NED North
9th Eloy, Jeremie FRA North
9th Tyburski, David USA RRD
13th Meyer, Ben USA Naish
13th Brouwer, Christian NED
13th Solbach, Sky USA Gaastra
13th Deleau, Charles FRA North
17th Kellner, Steve SA Slingshot
17th Oneiva, Alvaro ESP Wipika
17th Gilbert, Chris USA Naish
17th Argano, Gianni ESP Slingshot
17th Fenoll, Javier ESP Naish
17th Miller, Leeshi ISL Naish
17th Kerherve, Yoann ESP
17th Bodenwinkler, Kurt SUI
25th Tobias, Jeff USA Slingshot
25th Sieber, Christoph AUT North
25th Franco, Paul USA Naish
25th Austin, Flash USA Wipika
25th Ciriaco , Jose DR Gaastra
25th Pages, Alex ESP Nasih
25th Vannucci, Simone ITA RRD
25th Kundernatsch , Bernie AUT Takoon
It's total bullshit. In the top 6 there were 2 North, 2 Naish and 2 Cabhrina riders, certainly not dominated by North.

I did not see the original post and your link is not the correct one.
It just offends me when someone comes here to advertise. If you want to advertise PAY TOBY FOR A SPOT ON THE BANNER. Dont make your first post here an add for what you sell.

While I am on a rant, another thing that pisses me off is when someone asks " I want to buy Kite Brand X or Kite Brand Y" then someone who sells Kite Brand Z says in the middle of advice about the virtues of those two brands being discussed "Hey have you thought about Kite Brand Z, they are really good kites here is a link to my website where I sell them." It is way off the topic and is spam.
I feel better now :D

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:49 am

Hey Windshreder,

You're on to something here if you look at the numbers real close, it looks like the number one kite for mens top 25 is Naish. 9 Naish, 6 North, 4 Slingshot, a few Wipika and Gaastra and a big wopping 2 by Cabrinha. Total domination by cabrinha if your counting. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

So when I first read this post and it said cabrinha dominates blah blah blah blah, I'm thinking Pete is competing again and was off practicing totally new and innovative tricks to show the young guys that he can still rip.

Dah, stupid me, it wasn't Pete, but his kite company (NP) that dominated. Sorry Martin Vari, according to the cabrinha dude, the kite won the event, not your riding.

IMHO......who gives a rats ass what kite is being used.

Ride what you like, like what you ride.

Slingshot and North user.

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:40 am

I agree. The top rider could have been on any brand kite and win.
Bjorn Dunkerbeck won the Windsurfing World Cup for 13 years straight on Neil Pryde. It was Dunkerbeck that was the superior athlete not Neil Pryde's superior sails that won all those years.

So congrats :thumb: to Martin Vari who is sponsored by Cabhrina.

Sherlock
Rare Poster

Postby Sherlock » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:57 am

Yeah, well there you go. The event was awesome, all the riders and all their sponsors were great. But the 03 V Games were set up to be the Cabrinha show which is clearly obvious. Naish got in as the only other industry" token" sponsor.

Next year I bet if asked the entire industry would get behind promoting the event and the sport. Things can only MATURE. Good job for a beginner on 03. Now 04 can be all inclusive and even better. Cheers mates! Whats with the private angry battle?

Velocity
Rare Poster

Postby Velocity » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:17 am

To all who made the Velocity Games a success, thanks for the support. To those who are unhappy with what we've done, we ask for forgiveness and we promise to do better. It was my first event and I did the best I could. I know where I made mistakes and I know where I missed opportunities. We will do better as we get to know the kiteboarding and windsurfing community.

I'll ask you all to remember that at the end of the day Velocity Games, Inc is a non-profit charity dedicated to improving the lives of our communities, athletes, windsports organizations and education. The sponsors, staff and volunteers of the Velocity Games gave over $150,000 of blood, sweat and tears to the event (charity) and others gave financial support. The beneficiaries of the charity need financial assistance and the athletes who compete can't survive on free meals and free product. Many companies who did not participate as sponsors had product only. All who participated gave both.

My wish for the future is that we all consider the detriment we may be causing those charities and the sport as a whole from ill commentary, such as what I've been reading. Like it or not we're all in this together and we will succeed or fail together.

Respectfully, Michael Reyes, Organizer

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:18 am

Guys, I find it funny that when Shinn was winning, the guys were using it as an argument as the X2 being the best kite. When someone tries something remotely similar on another brand, they get knocked down?

There has been big punting for almost every brand on this forum, from Naish to Slingshot and Cabrinha. I don't see a problem if its done in competition results.

Return to “Kitesurfing”