Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Mutant - sliding out from front footstrap

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed May 22, 2002 8:17 am

Recently I have bought a Naish Mutant. It's great, but I still have one problem to solve.

In higher winds, on choppy water I slide out from the front footstrap (using 2 footstrap setup). How shall I set it up, so this does not happen. I guess it should be set as narrow as possible. Concerning the height of the straps some people recommended I should adjust it so I can push my feet all through as much as possible. Others said I should set the height small and only push in a smaller part my foot, 'holding' the strap with the fingers.
Others again said I should try the 3 footstrap setup. Can I still ride switch with the 3 footstrap setup?

Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks,
Greg

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed May 22, 2002 9:24 am

Hi Greg,

do you do jibes?
If not, don't ride with 3 footstraps.
Make sure the straps are wide enough to get your foot far in. And don't make it too loose, otherwise you won't have grip.
Maybe you should get the wide straps like NSI or Slingshot, they will give you much more grip.
See this topic with pics:

phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1084&forum=1&3

Greetings
Toby

Postby Guest » Wed May 22, 2002 4:07 pm

If you are sliding out, it sounds like the straps are too small.
I tip I use is to have the front strap set a little wider than the back strap usually is. This allows you to angle your front foot a bit, so you get more of a natural "surf" stance.
I also use the NSI straps, they are very nice. I am new to the Mutant myself, but it is a really fun board!

surfer9joe
Rare Poster

Postby surfer9joe » Wed May 22, 2002 7:58 pm

I have the same problem !!!

I will tighten!

Return to “Kitesurfing”