Forum for kitesurfers
rolltide
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitesurf Instructor Certification

Postby rolltide » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:02 pm

Planning on obtaining an instructor certification in the near future.
With the numerous organizations out there(IKO, PASA, REAL Kiteboarding) I want to make an informed and decisive decision concerning which organization I become affiliated with. Which of these org's do you think are going to be at the top 5-10 years from now ???

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Re: Kitesurf Instructor Certification

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:16 am

[quote="rolltide"]Planning on obtaining an instructor certification in the near future.
With the numerous organizations out there(IKO, PASA, REAL Kiteboarding) I want to make an informed and decisive decision concerning which organization I become affiliated with. Which of these org's do you think are going to be at the top 5-10 years from now ???[/quote]

IKO
But hopefully the promoters of the 3 different courses combine and make one course that teaches the same way all over the world like IKO do now.
IKO also has great support products that add a lot of value to a students lesson.

kitester
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitester » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:11 am

I just took mine from PASA. Its very informative. They set it up so you can adapt your lessons to your area. Paul Menta is a very good instructor for the course and we were lucky to get to have him to come to our area.

Return to “Kitesurfing”