Forum for kitesurfers
Maris
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

15m lines on 14m2 kite

Postby Maris » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:21 am

Have someone tryed 15m lines on 14m kite?
How it will change the wind range of kite. Wil it give some +3-5knot for uper wind range. Now I have a 25m+2m leader lines.
Lines are cheaper than smaller kite :)

Flash Gordon
Rare Poster

Postby Flash Gordon » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:04 am

I once went on a kite trip where it was only going to be a top of 18 knots. As usual, the forecast was innacurate, but strangely, it was windier than expected! What??? So I was on my own and I couldn't find anyone to borrow smaller kites off, the only option was to ride my 14 supertype. All I had was a 14 and a 19, so I shortened the length of my lines and went out. This was on a pulley bar, and in about 25 knots. Upon launching, I was dragged to the water, out into the water and just whipped my board under my feetwhile still dragging. The kite instantly pulled me up, with no diving required, which was lucky because you can't dive it. I was using 25m lines with around 1/2m of leader. All I did was halve the line length then used the normal slip knot. After a few sessions this started to show some signs of wearing. The set up sucks, the power is super inconsistent, and not reliable. You need stable wind and it is a wierd feeling having one wingtip in neutral and another skimming along the water. The power is too on off, you should just get another kite. But for an emergency its better than not kiting. You just need to work out how to control a shitload of power on the beach. I know 25 knots isn't heaps of wind but i only weigh 60 kg

White man can jump!
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby White man can jump! » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:42 pm

Cool... Flash Gordon is on this forum.

Hi Flash!

Return to “Kitesurfing”