Rhino3...Dwight...anyone?

Forum for kitesurfers
Vangelis
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Vangelis » Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:59 pm

Regarding the testing against X3, it's nothing new.
Last year they were testing against the X2.
That's what happens since Naish is releasing kites 6 months in advance of North.
Eventhough they were using the X2 last year, there are few similarities between Rhino2 and X2. I expect the same with Rhino3 and X3.

Due to the R&D lead time benefit that North has, they will always be ahead of the curve.

FYI - at Waddell Jaime was flying his Rhino3 12m prototype when others where using 8m and 10m kites. His lines were 20m.

One thing is for sure imo. When the Rhino3s get in production they will rock, same as Rhino2s and Rhino1s have been.
:thumb:

bobbi o
Frequent Poster

Postby bobbi o » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:04 pm

performance wise,in simple terms, the r3 will deliver r2 performance with an improved depower range.

happy days

kiteantigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby kiteantigua.com » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:39 pm

to be "the best kite eva" all they would have to do for the new North would be to do as Bobby said above. Give it more range. Nik may stop getting pulled of his edge then. :oops:
Good luck. eli

White man can jump!
Medium Poster

Postby White man can jump! » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:30 pm

Hi qtybry...

...what the hell does that stand for???

[/quote]will you get a rhino3?

The only way I will get a Rhino3 is if it is exactly like the Rhino2 in all aspects except one. A little better depower for launching and landing. On the water, I have no problem controlling the power.

If you are more concerned about the depower of a kite (due to gusty conditions, etc.) then try a Toro2. If you are more concerned with high performance characteristics and still being easy and controllable to fly with intermediate kite skills, GET the Rhino2.

White man can jump!
Medium Poster

Postby White man can jump! » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:31 pm

Hi qtybry...

...what the hell does that stand for???

[/quote]will you get a rhino3?[quote]

The only way I will get a Rhino3 is if it is exactly like the Rhino2 in all aspects except one. A little better depower for launching and landing. On the water, I have no problem controlling the power.

If you are more concerned about the depower of a kite (due to gusty conditions, etc.) then try a Toro2. If you are more concerned with high performance characteristics and still being easy and controllable to fly with intermediate kite skills, GET the Rhino2.

Return to “Kitesurfing”