Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Corsica, July

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Corsica, July

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:25 am

Hi

I'm going to Corsica in july (mostly the southern region around bonifacio).
Can anyone recommend some good kitesurfing spots?
Where am I most likely to find vind, on the west or east coast?
A good camping ground with facilities (family) close to the kitesurfing action?

Best regards
Søren, Denmark

kitegato
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitegato » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:44 am

There is actuallly a kite/windsurfing school run by a guy called Max at Plage de Piantarella, beautiful place, which is east of Bonifaccio. It's not far from Bon. and there is good camping nearby. I went there when the wind was too strong so didn't manage to get any kiting in, but there is a section of water between the shore and a small island which is waist deep the whole way and your biggest obstacle will be people making the novel walk/swim over to the island to explore.

Other places are Plage de Tonnara, which has rocky outcrops on either side of the beach is supposed to be good, as well as Baie de Figari both a little north of Bon. and on the west coast.

On the east coast, Cala Rossa is really nice with water protected from chop by a sand spit, and quite a way further north is another place with a kite school, Prunete - haven't been there though, just heard good things.

Sardinia is another option for good kiting. I think that there is a posting about good spots there on this forum. Corsica is great but make sure you get to the beaches which do NOT feature on postcards because they are small, tourist traps, cost money, and generally quite horrible. Ask around and you'll find plenty of others.

Have fun. :thumb:

Lenze
Medium Poster

Postby Lenze » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:39 am

Hey

Why not post these to the Travel section of the forum?

_____
Lenze

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:07 pm

have a look in my spots gallery in the gallery section of this forum and you'll see some pix of piantarella and lavezzi isles that are off the coast - f*cking beautiful man.

you will love it if the wind is less than the 40 or so knots its capable of kicking out. July should be ok. I was there last year 6 times in april - july.

say hi to Max from Ron if you meet him. Camping isles is the best. or I can recommend bocca di feno - agritourisme if you have a car.

Figari i hear is good. the wind will be west when you go so figari is in. also piantarella is offshore wind. in a west anyway but its the best place to surf. ask max for a rescue if possible.

R.

spp
Rare Poster

Postby spp » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:54 am

Thanks guys - great info and nice pictures eddy!

Søren

Return to “Kitesurfing”