ckicken loop bad, fix'd good

Forum for kitesurfers
BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:10 pm

stonezone wrote:X2 8 and 10 works great with a pulley bar, as well with pulley and 20 meter lines.

No, swimming in warm water is not so easy when the surf is 3+ times overhead and the rip is running like a river.

sz

Yeah I'd expect that they would. My 12 doesn't work too bady in the fixedloop so long as i'm ok powered and it isn't too gusty..... I've also tried using fixedloop with my 20m AERO, pretty crazy stuff but ok in smooth winds and wakeboard. A pully bar would go great with this kite too, can't wait to make one......

Yeah those conditions sound pretty mean... :shake:

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:57 pm

[="BLOWN AWAY"]
[="windshreder"]I started kiting last year. I have two questions:

what's a two line kite?

A 2 line kite is a kite that has no depower,you can only control where you steer the kite. These kites are very simple and easy to relaunch. Very suitable for beginners where you would use a small kite and a big board...

They are also suitable for experts who wanna do fullon wakestyle, handlepass styles using a full blooded wakeboard w bindings etc. These boards hanndle bulk power and hence it's easier to edge against a gust when it hits.....

windshreder wrote: What's a fixed loop?
A fixedloop is like what you'd find on a windsurfer.. whereas the chickenloop is the one that has a rope that goes through the centre of the bar to the front lines. In the fixedloop you can't easily sheet in and out l;ike you can with the chickenloop. You can still use the trim strap but not as dynamic as chicken styles...
Sorry Blown Away, :oops:
I was kidding. :roll:
No one uses two line kites anymore unless they force you to when you get lessons. So I was making the point that they are outdated.
:bye: :bye:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:57 pm

Yeah I thought that was the case.... I've never used a 2 line kite but heaps of other guys around here did when they first started. Then again this was at a time when they were considered quite useful.....

Return to “Kitesurfing”