Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:57 pm

I agree, don't take this mine is better than your stuff personally.
And what PMU is saying, he is saying it since many months now.
Kind of boring....

So, all relax and see the fun in it!!!

Greets
Toby

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby taabsr » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:03 am

I missed PMU.
I was looking foward to this. we was quiet for too long.

Can't wait to see more from it.

eheheh

Ted do u have any footage of the kite loop. I wanted to try it. or email me with some tips. tune ups for the psycho or titan will be good too.
On another thing did u test the titan 18,5 ??? i'm thinking on getting one of these kites but i'm not sure.

Tiago pt importer for flysurfer, loose,litewave and reflex

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:18 am

2 Points:

1: A ram lover started this whole crazy ram vs inflatable thing. Threads titled "the future is bright, the future is foil" which then make claims of 8m jumps in 8 knots are deliberately provocative and are asking for a comeback.

2: Kiteloops
I have yet to see a ram air complete a full, 360deg kiteloop ie with the kite completing the rotation and "catching" the rider before he hits the water. Ted B is recognised as being one of the best RAM air riders out there. It doesn't sound like he is close to completing a FULL kiteloop. I look forward to be proved wrong on this, ideally with video footage. Ram airs turn too slow and have too much inertia to complete full kiteloops as regularly and reliably as a fast inflatable.

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit

Postby taabsr » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:27 am

Regarding kite loops i would like to try it and make one just for fun but it's not the thing that will make my day. I prefer to travel by the air rather than go up and down very fast. For this i prefer the floating jumps provided by the psycho raw power with amazing jumps. Not that i do not like tube kites i also ride the jam from loose and other kites but for fun i prefer the psycho. This is my choice.
also my students prefer to ride on flysurfer and they test bouth now. they learn faster on these kites, u wask why if they r inferior (and i will not even get in that area) just beacause they relauch faster. I'm talking about newbies and not experience riders. try one of the new foils and u will be amazed if u r open minded. I have tryed others and i see clear advantages in bouth tipes of kites. The ones i prefer are on the Foil kites! that is why i prefer them.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:50 am

a
Pump me up wrote:2 Points:

1: A ram lover started this whole crazy ram vs inflatable thing.

2 more points:

1: PMU started this thread and is the one on a crusade.

2: PMU hides behind a phony identity and doesn't have the courage to respond to comments or questions that reveal his ignorance.

John

Ted B.
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Ted B. » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:34 am

Mad Mick there was nothing personal to you but you should not of slurred my name the way you did. As for breaking my leg ,I say go for it GRAB THE BULL BY THE HORNS and GET TREATED LIKE THE RODEO CLOWN that you are!!Your a martial arts master oh shit I am starting to shake!!!!!!As for the rest of you girls whining about your kites get a clue!Why don't you read the paragraph in Kiteboarding Mag and make a decision about the article your self.I was personally attacked here and I steped up and defended myself. Go and read every post I have posted I never put down any style of kites or any style of riding!!!I like all kites and I ride every style from Directionals to Wake skates.Any of you bitches that back PMU probably can't even ride and you are hoping that they will invent a magic kite that makes you ride like Martin Vari or Mark Shinn because instead of riding you are Kitesurfing the internet looking for things to bitch about!!!GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TED B.

Kite-Line
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Any
Gear: Anything we sell is tested by myself and our team.
Brand Affiliation: All major brands
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite-Line » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:37 am

instead of riding you are Kitesurfing the internet looking for things to bitch about!!!GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TED B.
Damn Straight TED!

Michael
Kite-Line.Com

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:56 am

Pump me up wrote:2 Points:

1: A ram lover started this whole crazy ram vs inflatable thing. Threads titled "the future is bright, the future is foil" which then make claims of 8m jumps in 8 knots are deliberately provocative and are asking for a comeback.

I have yet to see a ram air complete a full, 360deg kiteloop ie with the kite completing the rotation and "catching" the rider before he hits the water. Ted B is recognised as being one of the best RAM air riders out there. It doesn't sound like he is close to completing a FULL kiteloop. I look forward to be proved wrong on this, ideally with video footage. Ram airs turn too slow and have too much inertia to complete full kiteloops as regularly and reliably as a fast inflatable.
How come you or anyone never replied to the post I made where I said you can jump 8M in 8knots with a foil?

As for a foil not being able to kite loop, you're kidding right?

I thought you might actually know a bit about kites PMU, but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you post what you post just to creat trouble or something?

If you really did not mean to insult Ted's family name then why don't you remove your post?

I also beleive that you know me, yet allowed people to beleive I was posting under your name for some time before denying it - after I started to post here to clear my name, why would you allow that to happen?

Perhaps we could all move on and just ignore PMU's taunting posts?

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MadMick » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:58 am

Ted B. wrote:Mad Mick there was nothing personal to you but you should not of slurred my name the way you did. As for breaking my leg ,I say go for it GRAB THE BULL BY THE HORNS and GET TREATED LIKE THE RODEO CLOWN that you are!!Your a martial arts master oh shit I am starting to shake!!!!!!As for the rest of you girls whining about your kites get a clue!Why don't you read the paragraph in Kiteboarding Mag and make a decision about the article your self.I was personally attacked here and I steped up and defended myself. Go and read every post I have posted I never put down any style of kites or any style of riding!!!I like all kites and I ride every style from Directionals to Wake skates.Any of you bitches that back PMU probably can't even ride and you are hoping that they will invent a magic kite that makes you ride like Martin Vari or Mark Shinn because instead of riding you are Kitesurfing the internet looking for things to bitch about!!!GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TED B.
You are the one acting like a girl,putting on a big hissy fit over nothing!

Threatening people with violence will get you nowhere!All it will do is give YOU stress!!!!!!!!!!!

Most foil users seem a bit stressed out anyway.They are SO touchy!!

PMU pushes the button,and you all start jumping up and down like jack in the boxes!!!! You all need to get a life.

Ted,you are the one Kitesurfing the Internet,looking for something to bitch about!!

urbanr
Medium Poster

Postby urbanr » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:40 am

Perhaps we could all move on and just ignore PMU's taunting posts?
I think we all have moved on, in fact, it's been quite some time since PMU has been heckling us with his regular cut and paste, repetitive garble.

Foil vs. Leis... I remember posting questions to this forum because as a beginner, I didn't know the pros and cons of each. That was 2 years ago. Now I can go on the water and in detail give comparisons between different types of kites, Naish vs. North vs. Fone vs. Flysurfer etc.... And the only reason I am able to do this is because I take the time to try the different types.

I won't even bother saying which type of kite I prefer because it's irrelevant. I won't begin slandering people with different points of views because I think that kind of behaviour shows a lack of proper upbringing. What I will do is however is add that to the beginners that are reading these posts, not to buy into anything before you try it yourself.

Ted B. keep up the good work, keep writing informative articles and don't bother with chumps who are only in the game of ruffling peoples feathers.

urbanr

Return to “Kitesurfing”