Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ted Bautista & Ridiculous Ram Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:58 am

I'd like to apologise to Ted for turning his surname into a joke. I was out of line and am genuinely sorry. In trying to ridicule his statements, I went one step too far. I've repaired the damage in the thread heading.

But my other statements still stand:
1: Ram lovers started this whole ridiculous ram vs inflato thing. Statements like "the future is bright, the future is foil", jumping 8m in 8 knots etc etc are deliberately provocative and warrant a rebuff.

2: Ted stirred the pot by making ridiculous ram v inflato statements in Kiteboarder Mag

3: Ram lovers do make a lot of ridiculous, over the top claims. eg Ted's assertion that rams have better "glide" or some of the comments about safety of rams vs LEIs.

4: There are a lot of lies and misinformation spread by ram supporters. Ignore the lies. Ignore the propaganda. No kite can jump 8m in 8knots on water. Rams are no match for inflatables ON THE WATER.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:41 am

kitepower wrote:How come you or anyone never replied to the post I made where I said you can jump 8M in 8knots with a foil?

As for a foil not being able to kite loop, you're kidding right?

I also beleive that you know me, yet allowed people to beleive I was posting under your name for some time before denying it - after I started to post here to clear my name, why would you allow that to happen?
Steve, in answer to your points:
1 - I must say, I don't read many of the replies. A lot of replies are just personal abuse, misinformed, or just plain propaganda. Semi-literacy on the part of some of the ram brigade causes me to skip right over their posts anyway, since I can't be bothered trying to decipher them. This is not to say YOU are semi-literate...

2 - This is a KiteSURFING forum. The original ridiculous thread about 8m jumps in 8 knots was from some ram guy claiming photo evidence of k48 doing these sorts of jumps on the water. It should go without saying that when we refer to 8m jumps, or any jumps for that matter, being impossible in 8 knots, we are talking about ON THE WATER.

3 - Any kite can "loop." But I have yet to see a ram air complete a full, complete 360deg rotation with the kite catching the rider on the upswing in the way that Bertrand F does it in "Zero 3." I would be keen to hear contrary evidence, especially if it is backed up by video.

4 - From the outset, when some of the ram lovers were claiming I was you, I made it quite clear this was not the case. After they kept persisting with their line, I couldn't be bothered REPEATEDLY refuting it. But I DID lay it on the line at the first mention of your name, way before you actually joined the forum.

lutchi
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lutchi » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:19 am

All this due to diferents tecnhics of Kites ??

We are all argue something without a possible agree is like determining the sex of angels

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:58 pm

here comes the return of PMU, flysurfers best representative....

even though i'm flying slingshot the whole time now PMU here's a little secret for you boy..

there is still no kite on the market with better glide or wider wind range than the flysurfer psycho...........

no fone, takoon, airblast, x2-3 none of them fella.

bludger
Medium Poster

Postby bludger » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:31 pm

who needs daytime TV.....what entertainment :lol:

Stan
Medium Poster

Postby Stan » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:04 am

OK,
there is still no kite on the market with better glide or wider wind range than the flysurfer psycho...........
If they are so good how come I have never seen a Flysurfer before? No-one uses them down here in Melbourne, actually I haven't seen any foil for ages.

I guess people just want a nice stable kite they can rely on.[/quote]

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:02 am

Pump me up wrote:
kitepower wrote:How come you or anyone never replied to the post I made where I said you can jump 8M in 8knots with a foil?

As for a foil not being able to kite loop, you're kidding right?

I also beleive that you know me, yet allowed people to beleive I was posting under your name for some time before denying it - after I started to post here to clear my name, why would you allow that to happen?
Steve, in answer to your points:
1 - I must say, I don't read many of the replies. A lot of replies are just personal abuse, misinformed, or just plain propaganda. Semi-literacy on the part of some of the ram brigade causes me to skip right over their posts anyway, since I can't be bothered trying to decipher them. This is not to say YOU are semi-literate...

2 - This is a KiteSURFING forum. The original ridiculous thread about 8m jumps in 8 knots was from some ram guy claiming photo evidence of k48 doing these sorts of jumps on the water. It should go without saying that when we refer to 8m jumps, or any jumps for that matter, being impossible in 8 knots, we are talking about ON THE WATER.

3 - Any kite can "loop." But I have yet to see a ram air complete a full, complete 360deg rotation with the kite catching the rider on the upswing in the way that Bertrand F does it in "Zero 3." I would be keen to hear contrary evidence, especially if it is backed up by video.

4 - From the outset, when some of the ram lovers were claiming I was you, I made it quite clear this was not the case. After they kept persisting with their line, I couldn't be bothered REPEATEDLY refuting it. But I DID lay it on the line at the first mention of your name, way before you actually joined the forum.
Thanks for the reply and for changing the title of the thread.
Re pt 2 above - the original post that you made in response did not specify that water had to be the medium jumped from.
Re pt 4 above - you waited until I strated posting before you posted a denial, as far as I can tell. I can understand you doing that, as I find it particularly funny that people get so obsessed about my opinions on certain kite brands performance and features.

IMO Pick Me Up, only a fool would write off foils (just look how far the arc and flysurfer have progressed in what 2/3 years?) and I do not regard you as a fool, so I wonder why you keep posting the same topic?
Surely you have more wisdom than that to share with us?

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteGlider » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:13 am

I appologise to everyone :oops:

I am Pump me up.

I did this to draw attention to the superiourity of Foils OVER LEIs.

Sorry for being ignorant, I'm only human with desires and aspirations and DREAMS of a unified New World Order of the rule of wind power and solar enegry over the evil of single stiching, low grade dacron, 1mm vinyl, 150kg spectra and cam cleats.

please forgive me....... :cry: - KG

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:15 am

KiteGlider wrote:I appologise to everyone :oops:

I am Pump me up.

please forgive me....... :cry: - KG
Hey KG,

Didn't I see you dressed as Elvis a couple of weeks ago while flying a North Rhino?

And don't you work part-time as a Saddam Hussein look-alike using a Flysurfer?

Man, you are EVERYWHERE (which is probably how you manage to post from Florida and Oz at the same time)! Congrats on your aerodynamic superiority! :thumb:

John :lol:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:32 pm

PMU.
our local shop owner who rides flysurfers pulls perfect double backloop kite loops, full kite loops, with the kite going in the direction of the rider travel inititially. ie anticlockwise loop while riding to the left, and he rides away with the kite at the top of the window.

on a simple little old 12m flysurfer titan

Return to “Kitesurfing”