X2 12m vs new 2002 Cabrinha Black Tip 9.4m

Forum for kitesurfers
Fred
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Fred » Mon May 27, 2002 9:54 pm

Has anybody already tried these two kites as I'm looking for the difference in term of windrange, hangtime, speed.
Thanks to share with me your own experience.

Postby Guest » Tue May 28, 2002 4:49 am

Hi Fred,I have used the Cabrinha 9.4 BT quite abit in the last month.The kite has great low end and turns fast.It is much faster than last years BT.The upper wind range is good.I was out Friday on it in over 20 knot winds(real wind=cold).
I have a Naish X2 12 that I was out on yesterday.After about 3 runs the wind died.What a bummer.I will need more time to report on the Naish.I have used both kites with a Naish Mutant.The 9.4 Cabrinha is a bigger kite.It would be closer to the 14m X2.I hope to get out this week on the Naish.I'll tell you more.

Dave

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue May 28, 2002 8:40 am

the Black Tip 9.4 has about 12.8 sqm surface area.

Fred
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Fred » Tue May 28, 2002 10:43 pm

Ok Dave.
Thanks to let me know your impressions after your next run.
Fred

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:39 am

Fred,I've had some really good days with the X2 last week.Let me say"WOW" what a kite!.The X2 rocks!.I've never used a kite with so much range.It has very good low end,not as much as the Cabrhina but suprising.The mid range and the high end is really good.The X2 really likes board speed.The kite flies fast.The faster your board speed the better it feels.I was out on it in a steady 20 gusting to 30.Yes 30,I can send you a link to the iwindsurf site to see last sundays wind.I was riding a Naish Mutant 5'5".The kite is so solid and reacts very strong to gusts.The lift is very good.IMO it has a higher wind range than the Black Tip.You cannot go wrong with the Cabrinha or the Naish X2.They are both great kites.I'm shop sponsered and get to ride alot of kites.I dont rave on to much about brands,but boy that X2 is sweet!!!

Dave

Return to “Kitesurfing”