Forum for kitesurfers
Fabjet1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Fabjet1 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:50 pm

New kite specific vest from NSI,
With openning for harness hook and rings to attach to harness so vest won't come up anymore, check it out...

http://www.tristatekites.com/cgi-bin/pr ... dName=vest

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:45 pm

I heard that Pro-Limit already showed a kitesurf-steamer with built-in protection.
Nice development!

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:10 pm

It seems like more riders are wearing impact vests and pfds. It is a very good trend that some purpose built designs are coming out for kiteboarding applications. I am going to change from the impact and cummerband style vests that I have used in the past to a Coast Guard rated PFD. It has to be low bulk like an impact vest.

I checked out a Neil Pryde vest over the weekend. Outwardly it looks almost identical to my current impact vest. The foam flotation is distributed to float you face up if you are disabled unlike the vests I currently own.

Now to get a coast guard rated pfd along with the improvements in the NSI vest, that would be something. I suspect that is where things are going for this sport at any rate. Hope the manufacturers are paying attention.

Rick Iossi

NIKS
Rare Poster

Postby NIKS » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:48 pm

Use the 5000 IMPACT VEST of Neyl Pride. It is even helpful to hold strong winds. it is heavy enough when wet. In any case you don t feel it after few minutes kiting. It saved my ribs more than once.
Bye
Niks

Return to “Kitesurfing”