Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Help with Tuning 2002 AB 10.0 w/Bridles

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:21 pm

I'd like to ask if any of you with Wipi AB experience (using bridles), could give me a hand with proper tuning.

Initially I had set up my bar ('01 Wipi bar) with about 2ft leader lines, and 30m of line all set at the same length when fully sheeted in. This seems to have worked well with other kites w/o bridles, but it does not work while using the bridles. The rear lines are way too slack when fully sheeted in.

What should the front/rear difference be in line length, when using the bridles when fully sheeted in?

Am I beating a dead horse, or should I just ditch the bridles altogether. If I choose to or it's recommended to ditch the bridles - what would be the recommended line setup?

Thanks

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:52 pm

trim it yourself!
you can get about 5% more power aout of a factory set up kite!

when fully sheeted in, the kite should be near the point where he starts flying backwards.
when fully sheeted out, the backlines should be slacky, with the kite hardly steering . . .

francky
Medium Poster

Postby francky » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:29 pm

Hello
Are you using the standard bar ?
If yes here what i do : sheet full out by pulling as much as you can on the adjustment stuff . then tie all the lines at same point and adjust all lines to be same length . then adjust the sheet in and out stuff in the middle it should be alright for average wind (around 15 knots for the 10 )

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:18 pm

Thanks for the input guys...it's much appreciated. I'll try what you suggested. If not...forget the bridles.

Thanks again
Ed

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:51 pm

forget 'em anyway!

:wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”