Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which impact vest?

forum for kitesurfers

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Nope it has written inside that it's not a floatation vest. Personally I don't want to be too floaty in the sea, gives waves too much to munch down on, a wetsuit is already floaty enough.
Imo you'd have to be pretty lucky to not drown even if you were wearing a floatation vest if you were uncouncious and I can think of lots of situations were I'd rather have more manouverability and less floatation.
I think it's a wake impact vest, it's pretty close fitting which I like, got used to it after the first session and althoguh it is more padded front and back than at the sides I've definately noticed the difference in the jumps I've screwed.

BlueSky
Frequent Poster

Postby BlueSky » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:23 pm

Jo, thanks for your reply. As I said, it looks very nice. Don't like bulky stuff either. But I do like a bit of flotation, so that If I fall in the water, I'm not visiting our friends down under. :P
Ciao! :bye:

Djizasse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Djizasse » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:28 pm

the 5000 series are on my wish list for many months now...
i see that many people are using vests now, that's good. i guess the impact vests earned the cool status, now i just need helmets to be cool too :wink:

Japers
Rare Poster

Postby Japers » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:02 pm

Thanks for all the advice, have just ordered a Naish Defender and looking forward to wearing it albeit hopefully not "using" it!

Now all I need is some wind this weekend.... :cry:

Cheers

jp

Return to “Kitesurfing”