Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfbali » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:29 am

Hello Rappa, with depower line you mean front line right!! and by directional lines you mean the break line or back line!!!!

Hello Blown Away, if I have the kite on the trailing edge would not be a problem been used with an arc before. But when on the U shape is the problem. Can't compare a 12 to a 18 X3 the X3 is even hard to turn on the beach in launching position!!!!

Hello Dwight,
thank you for the URl but that is exactly what I was doing on my 18 X3 and doesn't work!!! I pull in more then 3 meter of back line and still nothing. I think I have to do like Rappa say because was the way I did it at the end:
First pull in about 3-4 meters of the right front line, hold it like this and then start to play with the left back line..... Not very safe as you are holding a lot of lines in your hand, that is why I didn't like it much and was looking for something better. Anyone have already an x3 big size out there.
Bye Jankie

Mikael
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mikael » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:30 pm

I had the same problem with my 16m X3 and here's what worked for me:

First pump the kite leading edge really hard. This will help prevent the tip from folding (since they are part of the leading edge) and will be more reactive to the back line tension you give.

Once it's on it's back, swim all the way to the edge of the window in the relaunching position, then you can start tension on the lines by swimming backward.
Basically, with this kite you cannot really get the kite to do the work for you. It won't easily move to the side of the window, so you'll have to go there yourself!

To swim faster to the side of the window, I usually put my board under one arm using it as a floater and the other hand holding the bar, then kick hard with the feet.
I can now relaunch my 16m X3 in a minute or so no problem. Hope it works for you.

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:49 am

Could this technique apply also to all the high AR kite, like scoop 2, etc...

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:09 pm

kitesurfbali wrote:Hello Rappa, with depower line you mean front line right!! and by directional lines you mean the break line or back line!!!!
Depower lines is the center front lines yes.
And directional lines is the "steering" lines - meaning the back lines.

The back lines are never reffered to as brake lines - as there are no brakes. In fact you power the kite up, instead of applying brakes - in sufficient wind.
The term "brake lines" applys to foils which can have brakes on the trailing edge, not LEI's.

Maris
Medium Poster

Postby Maris » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:38 pm

Look at new Cabrihna Recon kites and you will see brakes on LEI kites. :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”