Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Light air fun,,, kite-loop transitions

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Light air fun,,, kite-loop transitions

Postby fokiten » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:26 pm

IF you are a kiter with just average skills and want to look good and paste a smile on your face that will not wipe off try this,

(remember light wind is a must for learning spirals)

on a reach,,, lightly powered ,,,sneak the kite up high ,,,spin the board around like a normal transition then just let go!!! with your back hand and concentrate on carving a smooth turn around,, the kite will dive and spiral around ,,,you get a blast o speed and come out smoke-king,, in the other direction,,
Now the reason for letting go of the backhand is that when the kite is (diving) facing away from you ,,,,you get this overwhelming desire to steer it back ,,,this is death ,,,so just keep the bad back hand off the bar ,,wink,,,
Trust the kite to turn ,,it will ,,, you may get yanked a little at first but it is light wind so no biggy,,,
Any questions,, you can link them ,,,go toe side, heel side,, Light wind Rocks
fokiten

goshen
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby goshen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:13 pm

Nice tip. Letting go of the backhand does help indeed. if the wind gets stronger, just keep the kite as high as possible, and don't loop it low. Kitelooping is so much fun in lightwind. Goshen.

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:49 pm

I do them the opposit.
I keep the kite low and point towards it, then loop it down, because you are already following the kite it has little power. Much less dangerous than looping from high up as you can blast it through the power zone and get yanked. You can even do it my way on a day you are powered up.
Try it both ways and report back.

PS: Fokiten rigging is the only way to go :thumb:
Fo, if you need an avitar, I can find one for you. Your previous ones have always amused me. :lol:

Kiterich
Medium Poster

Postby Kiterich » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:24 am

windshreder wrote:I do them the opposit.
I keep the kite low and point towards it, then loop it down, because you are already following the kite it has little power. Much less dangerous than looping from high up as you can blast it through the power zone and get yanked. You can even do it my way on a day you are powered up.

Fo, if you need an avitar, I can find one for you. Your previous ones have always amused me. :lol:
How do you get air looping down tho. Fo means do a spin transition followed by a kite loop to finish with loads of power on a light air day, not a turn where you underloop the kite. I can vouch for it working well tho, can be a move saver in light or moderate winds if you mess up your redirect. another tip, spin the bar twice before your move if its a forward transition you are doing, that way after your spin and kite loop you come out with untwisted lines.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:19 am

Soundz pretty mint to me

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:35 pm

sorry for the double post
Last edited by windshreder on Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:35 pm

Kiterich wrote:
windshreder wrote:I do them the opposit.

How do you get air looping down tho. Fo means do a spin transition followed by a kite loop to finish with loads of power on a light air day, not a turn where you underloop the kite. I can vouch for it working well tho, can be a move saver in light or moderate winds if you mess up your redirect. another tip, spin the bar twice before your move if its a forward transition you are doing, that way after your spin and kite loop you come out with untwisted lines.
I dont think Fo was describing getting air "
,,,spin the board around like a normal transition then just let go!!! with your back hand and concentrate on carving a smooth turn around,, the kite will dive and spiral around ,,,you get a blast o speed and come out smoke-king,, in the other direction,,
This is a way to try kiteloops without scaring the shit out of yourself......In really light air when trying to get in, kiteloops work very well as you dont have to reverse the kite direction up high were it looses power.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:29 pm

Hey all,
My original post gave directions for a "first ever kite loop" by a kiter with just average skill,,,,The thing about kiteloops is,,,,,If you do not make it,,,if you crash,,,you will be freaked by them,,,like forever,,

So I gave directions geared for sucsess,,, Keep the bad hand off the bar and the kite WILL loop,,,The poster above added a great tip,,PRETWIST the bar so you come out with un twisted lines,,,,THAT IS A GREAT IDEA,,,

SO first timers,,,,On a reach pretwist the bar by rolling the back hand side over the top in the direction you are going,,,,Deep breath,,,Then GO,,,just like i said above,,,,this is in my opinion,,, is your best chance to make your first one,,,,,Once you do it,,,welll,, it gets easier,,
GOOD LUCK,,
fokiten

Return to “Kitesurfing”