All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:26 am 
Medium Poster

Toby!

Yeh it is just the syle you prefer, sorry if I looked a little upset. But sometimes I really don't like these dude's who only can jump a little and than say "yeah if I have the X2 I will be a better kiteboarder....duhh that is what the commercials tell me. I don't believe you cannot kite anymore whit a kite which have been concidered a top kite last year. The good thing is if everybody is still so sensetive for these commercials prices for arx's or other kites from last year will drop. I am a student so I like that.....so in the end what I mean is if you give Naish dude a ar5 he will still RIP.

Mahalo!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

well, i've seen guys ripping hard on the arx and ripping even harder with the x2 ....

same day, there was this dude - ar5 - homemade wooden wakeboard - and he ripped like hell.

if u test some of the 2002 stuff, there are improvements - the kites relaunch better, have more lift, take gusts better, don't stall that much --- something happened.
but you're right.
for most of the riders, the 2nd kite-season started, for most kite-brands, too - there's much more to devellop and invent - many more things will happen.

the 2001 kites are good ones, though.
and they don't get any worse, just cause the X2 exists :wink:

so, dude - rip hard and show these guys what really matters - the rider skills!

greetz

murdoc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

the fun counts. And for everyone fun is different. I love jumping therefore I prefer the X2 towards the ARX. The ARX was already fun to jump with, but the X2 is even more. But that is my style.
I know other guys ripping fancy stuff one or 2 meter lower but absolutely freaky with an AR5. So like Murdoc says: it's the riders skills and the style you prefer.

And if you need it or not, the 2002 kites have been improved regarding lift, handling, hangtime, restart. maybe not all in one kite, but also with the diversity of the product range.

Mahalo to you too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:55 pm 
I agree it'ss about fun.

I have new X2's, and used to have ARX's, and before that AR5's. As soon as new kites have come out I have bought them.

I love my X2's, but lets be serious here - if you are out on the water with your eyes closed and focused on ripping, you probably wont even know the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:04 pm 
Medium Poster

I've been riding X2's for a month or so. Then I went back to my AR5 for one session. Wow, what a difference! This ain't just hype~~ Of course rider skill is the most important factor but Murdoc's right: "Something happened" (and it's Good)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

it happened everywhere :wink:

when i see how my airush climbs into the air and stays there, waiting for me to give instructions - that's great!

unthinkable to use a wake with bindings and a flysurfer speedair - with a warrior - no problem.

especially big sized kites - the arx 15.5 was a hell to fly, and i dont wanna mention the bigger sizes.

then have a look at the f.one 18.1 or all the 16m kites - airush, north, f.one and so on .. they come with bars shorter than 60cm and fly absolutely cool - i never thought so much fun with a 16m kite was possible :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:50 am 
...hahah.... I think that the Ar5 / ArX are totally out in 2002. They are out of fashion and cannot be used at all this year anymore - specially by beginners like me... I think having the X2 would make a hell of a difference when the kite is stalling in shifting 0-7 m/s winds and when you´re swimming 1000 meters back onshore on top of the kite & board...:smile:)) I have heard that you can swim much faster with the X2 than with the ArX? :smile: I hope the X3 comes with paddles for better swimming properties...:smile:))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

well ... especially as a beginner you have to buy the latest equipment.

i think if you use a wakeboard, it's ok, too if you buy a north toro.

when you want to use older kites on the water you have to rip harder and jump higher, pulling insaner tricks as everyone else.

if you don't, you are not cool enough !!!!

*lol*

[ 8 posts ]