All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:02 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks for all the replys to the last post but still need help on a few things... still confused!!!
Worried about build quality of TAKOON SKOOP, met somebody who had the kite 2 weeks and bladder blew... Still interested in RRD IV19m as heard its a good low end kite with good build quality, but no comments as of yet!
Tempted by AIRUSH LIFT 12.2 but worried this kite maybe to technical for me and low end looks to be 11 knots(blade 7.8 start there), maybe I should look at the 16m!
ARX,s are cheap, but don't know anough about them to buy one?
Cabriha co2, need more comments on this kite please.....
Remember please, only kites that can sail well in less than 10 knots and less, as I have a quiver for the rest....thanks again

pauls

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:20 pm 
Frequent Poster

Built quality of the Skoop is really excellent. When a bladder blew, he probably had it pumped up too hard.

grtz,
Dènis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey, The RRD kites this year are excellent. The 4.1 is a great kite especially in the bigger sizes. The supertype is a high aspect ratio kite and as with most big kites you run into a problem of being able to go out and rip but not having enough wind to relaunch it if it falls. The 19 4.1 is a really great kite. I am sure you will be extremely happy with how long it lasts and its performance in light winds. Aloha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:02 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

well ... if you really want a kite for 10knots and less i can reccomend 2 kites:

the f.one 18.1 -> seems to be the best low-end tubekite availlable (or wait and check the X2 20m)

or, the best choice:

flysurfer mastAir 16m²
or warrior 16.5 or even 20.5 meter.

there's nothing (especially no tubekite)
leaving the beach earlier than these kites!

the 16 / 16.5 can be used @7kn (going upwind)
with a 1.60 Twin tip and a 75kg rider...

i've seen it with my own eyes :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:58 pm 
Frequent Poster

Yes, it's true that the big FlySurfer kites can get you upwind in as little as 6 knots !! (80kg rider on 157 Twintip).

The best / more powerful light wind kite at the moment is the Warrior 16.5.

It is also the only kite you can launch and land solo from/at the beach. No pumping, no bladders and reliable water-relaunching even in 6/7 knots. (if you ever tried to water-relaunch an inflatable in less than 10 knots you'll know what I mean...)

Regards,
Mike
FlySurfer.de dealer in Cyprus
Can offer free-shipping worldwide
++

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:33 pm 
Medium Poster

I suggest you to consider even the Wipika Hidro 13;its flat area it's 17,8m;it is a performing but an easy kite to handle and to relaunch. I heard people in Italy and in Spain saying it's the best kite around this size. I can't confirme that since I didn't try another brand.
I heard not so good things about RRD:too slow,too expensive.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:49 pm 
Medium Poster

Hello I have the fone mach 18.1 and it's a very good low wind kite Very powerfull and the thing with this kite is that even in 10 knots you can do incredible jumps with it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:11 pm 
Medium Poster

I think murdoc's note sums it all up. Totally agree! (I fly the mach1 personally, but would I need to get any lower, I'd definitely consider foils!)

j.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:17 am 
Skoop 17 vs F-one 18 is like Ali vs Frasier.

The f-one is a slugger with grunt but is a big mutha and slow. The Skoop is fast and light and has a much wider range... it also boosts well at 10 knots and is happier than the F-one in the air in less than 8.

I have flown both and loved the F-one as a big kite before flying the Takoon. Both great big kites but try looping an 18 Mach 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:49 am 
Well, dont know the takoon, but the f-one IS fast, and looping is no problem.
Others reported, it is possible to fly it up to 20knots-can't confirm it, at around 16knots I have to give up, but I'm not a good kiter.
But with a long directional I can go upwind already at 8Knots, Jumping below 10knots. So the windrange doesnt seem to be so small...

F-One Newbie

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next