I WANT TO GO HIGHER

Forum for kitesurfers
coxy
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby coxy » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:43 pm

Hi,

can anybody give me any tips on how to boost more air ?

For example, I'm riding a supertype 12 on a Brunnoti Hellfire board in about 20knts, but I'm still only geting jumps of 15-20ft max.

Cheers,

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:50 pm

well ...

a guy told me that your timing gotta be perfect with the supertype, then you'll boost so high, you'll wet your pants ...

just load the edge, steer the kite back and park it at about one o' clock (or eleven, depends on direction).

leave it there and pull the bar towards you, not too fast. take it back when the lift is over.....

i got this tip and have more airtime now :wink:

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:09 pm

Hold more of the kites power. Don't reduce power with the chicken loop. I would jump in the fixed loop with that wind.

New kites have the ability to depower a lot. Don't depower, ride with POWER. The kite will rip you upwards with greater height in the fixed loop.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:33 pm

learn to fly a bigger kite, okay its a bit hard to go upwind, you carving all the time but when you are setting for the jump, kite at 01:00 as much up wind as you can, wen you feel its getting to much steer kite at 11:00 in a strong pull (like bang), when you are going up steer the kite to 12:00 hold it there and before landing 01:00 or 02:00. That will make you fly.
I'm 78 kilo, use an airblast 11.8, wake 150, 20 meter line at 20 knots full depower (so when your jump pull the bar and get even more power) and are getting close to 15 meter jumps.
Alternative is freeair 16 wake 150, 20 meter line's
20 knots and try not to get burn out.

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:18 pm

all good points. I find that my biggest jumps which kinda scare you are done in flat water where you can't easily be pulled off oyur edge using a stupid amount of power. This is how i do it then:
Using an 11.5 in 20-25 knots on a 152 wake board going super slow, hooked into the chicken loop, i slowly get speed up holding the edge hard, and rather than pulling the kite overhead...i gain speed while the kite slowly goes overhead, and just before i take off i unhook giving the kite all the power. You better have strong arms though!
eli

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:59 am

Another key to boosting high is finding that slick water to set your edge when very powered. I use the smooth water created when a wave starts to break. I use the wave to boost my speed because I know the slick face will allow me to hold my edge extra good. Without a good edge hold, the power is wasted.

Return to “Kitesurfing”