Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Small directionals

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:46 pm

Anybody out there using a small directional, like the Naish 5'2" TT directional?

I'm currently sailing a 2001 Mutant, and wonder if the directional would give more drive & low-end power. I ride the Mutant like a directional anyhow, so fins on the nose don't really float my boat.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:07 pm

well, the directional has a different rocker/scoop line.
so, it gives you more low-end.

francky
Medium Poster

Postby francky » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:26 pm

Hello Yes i do for one year now
I have a manolo 145 with three straps and a naish evolution from hawaii 145 two straps and fins in the front .. The manolo is very fast and good in low winds even as it's a small board the naish is fun to ride . Mini directional are the best board to me

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:11 am

Which Mutant do you have? Is it the Silver 4'11?

This is what I use as my 'light wind' board and I love it. I have had it since they came out, and this is the longest i have kept the one board. it;s concave gets it going quickly, but it is a forgiving ride. i have ridden a Naish 5'8" and I hated it. So much volume, and gets overpowered really quickly. Might be useful in super light wind, but if you have the Mutant I have I would stick with it.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:58 pm

I have the last year's model Mutant 151cm, it's a little different shape than this year's model (looks like it has a bit more rocker in the tail).
Thanks for the TT directional input. I guess I'll stick with the Mutant and just look into buying a bigger kite to power it up(I just ordered an ARC 1510). I do like the way the Mutant can hold alot of power.
I was interested in the TT directional because they have them on sale now, so that peaked my interest in them.

hase2
Rare Poster

Postby hase2 » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:15 pm

i saw a directional wakeboard.
maybe this is interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1839108381

greets
Stefan

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:33 pm

i don't know if this will work .. . .

directional wakeboards are very old - no one produces them any more - so their shape's not up to date ...

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:58 pm

i have a couple of old directional wakeboards. i was thinking about through another fin or two on them, and seeing if they would work. they look like they would. they have pretty sharp rails and a flat rocker line.
later

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:24 pm

Add a couple more fins to that, and you'll have a 2001 Naish mutant, channels and all!

Return to “Kitesurfing”