Improving Safety and Securing Access

Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:37 pm

You are welcome! The real thanks goes out to the kiteboarders and associations that are getting involved at local launches and looking out for their own. Ulitmately, we are all in this together, globally. We will continue to ride and have wide access or not depending on our actions going forward.

By looking out for our own we should accomplish two things, at a minimum. We should improve the safey of other kiteboarders as well as bystanders. Also, we should help to preserve our access to riding areas. So, if you see something that isn't safe or right, putting the public or riders at risk, step up and do some serious, tactful talking. Bring your friends for support, it will pay off.

I want to keep riding and I am sure that most kiteboarders do as well. It isn't going to happen by accident. We have some serious challenges out there to continued access. Get involved, learn and promote the Safe Kiteboarding Guidelines and other appropriate practices. If we are successful in this, we should be riding for a very long time to come. If we leave it to chance the future doesn't look real bright for continued access right now. So, get involved! If you want to form a club or association some ideas appear at the AKA site at: http://www.aka.kite.org

Rick Iossi

Hey Rick,

I just wanted to say "thank you" for all the work you are doing to try and spread the word about safety in kiteboarding. It is very much appreciated.

Return to “Kitesurfing”