Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Mutants breaking

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:50 pm

I have recently bought a naish 5,2" mutant and after only a few times on the water it has cracked on the edges and across the bottom in line with the back of the front deck pad.
I have heard of others that have broke in exactly the same place but have had little come back from Naish!!!
Has anyone else had this happen and did they get a result - surely Naish should be holding their hands up and admitting that there is a design/strength problem with these boards and replacing them without any hassel?!

Crusher
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Crusher » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:14 pm

My Naish Twintwip 5'3" started cracking along the edge only to break soon after. I've been dealing with Naish for 3 months to get a replacement.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:32 pm

Forget Naish, I had a Naish BiDirectional crack on the rail, so I fixed it and got rid of it. I should have brought it back but the based on a preivous NorhtSports experience.

The NorhtSports distributer doesn't warrentee/ repair anything! I had an ARX strut unstitch and they told me it was because I crashed the kite. Notice I said Unstitch not torn.. They don't even want to hear about it.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:39 pm

I heard Naish switched their core. The old mutants are stronger + heavier.
Maybe they have an issue with all of the 2002 boards. Hoope there isn't an issue with the X2's!!

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:12 pm

Warranty Naish? HA.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:52 pm

I also cracked my Naish 5'3 bidi the fifth time I used it. The shop I bought it from was really good and I got a replacement board, but because Naish has problems delivering stuff, I'm now riding a Cabrihna.

/B

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:11 pm

it is realy bad that such big companies are not so customer friendly like small companies.
Maybe it is only Naish, but I wonder, since Robby is very open to customers.
If you have the chance to meet him, you should talk about these problems. It would be interesting how he reacts towards these incidents. I can't understand why this big company, also being american who are alwas very customer orientated (according to my experience), treats customers like this or if this is only a fault of the distributors?!
Maybe we should complain more at the head office, and if the voice gets louder and stronger, it should help. There is no sense in building the best kite or board if nobody buys it!!!
Specially with boards we have a big selection of other companies, being smaller and being worth to push since IMO they have better boards than the big companies.

Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”