Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Dangerous situation with 2-Liner

Forum for kitesurfers
duna
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby duna » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:29 pm

I tried a 2-Liner, Cabrinha C 111, from 2002, 8.5 qm. The lines (green and red) weren`t equal. It wasn`t possible to stear that kite to the right side. If you don`t know that, you can get into dangerous situations. Who got the same kite? Please, let me know. I would like to know, if you got the same problems and
take care

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:13 pm

how did you set it up. If you use a safety leash, it will make one side shorter and you need to compensate.

could be something else but just my 2c

stonezone
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby stonezone » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:07 pm

did you check the lines before you flew it?
migh tbe a good idea.

duna
Rare Poster

Postby duna » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:26 pm

On 2002-07-03 20:07, stonezone wrote:
did you check the lines before you flew it?
migh tbe a good idea.
The steering lines were checked. But in the manual instructions is not mentioned to control the bridle (2-Line mode) too. Why not? Either they shouldn`t sell it that way or they should mention it in the instructions. What do you think?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:47 pm

On 2002-07-03 15:13, Anonymous wrote:
how did you set it up. If you use a safety leash, it will make one side shorter and you need to compensate.

could be something else but just my 2c
After prooving the length of steering lines and bridle (2-Line mode) I found out, that the bridles weren`t equal. Moving the kite to the left was no problem, moving it to the right side was a big problem. Do you have an 2-Liner too? Do we have to control the bridle too? What do you think?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:28 pm

I guess the bridle line fron the one side is above or under the steering line. You have to check out which position ist correct, nut it is surely this problem

Return to “Kitesurfing”