X2 Bar and Depower Length question

Forum for kitesurfers
www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:28 am

The bars of X2 kites I currently have are pretty different in terms of the chicken loop line length (the line which has the yellow end piece on it and goes to the chicken loop).

The first I got has a long piece from the adjuster, so that you could untie the knot and make the depower length longer (length from chicken loop to the adjuster).

The two I got yesterday do NOT have a long piece at the end. The yellow end piece is directly at the adjuster and the depower length seems pretty short.

Could this be a problem or is the default depower lenght long enough? I'm used to AirBlasts depower lengths, so this could be why I think it could be too short.

What are your experiences?

Thanks,
Robin

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:15 pm

the yellow line should be 11 to 12 inches from the knot to the end of the bar.

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:13 am

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:05 am

Robin,
from my experience with the X2, the depower length is long enough. It is very effective in its depower.
And for the Airblast: without the bridle, I found the depower to be too long. Either the back lines went slack, or the kite oversheeted too much.
Cheers
Nico

Return to “Kitesurfing”