Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Stage 2 Bar - set up questions

Forum for kitesurfers
ptraykovski
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby ptraykovski » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:46 pm

Front line leashes work fine. It does not matter how long your line are for the leash to work properly. What matters is the leash must be half the wingspan of your kite when laid out flat. That way when you let go of the bar by unshackling the the combined length of the front leader and the leash will equal a full wing span and the kite will lay flat in the water with no power. The s2 set-up comes with a fairly long leash/leaders (~5m i think) so it should be ok, but it is good to check especially if use a huge kite (over 15m2).

Also because you will have long leaders your 27m strings + ~5m leaders will give 32 from kite to bar..some like it shorter but that is personal preference.

Stace
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Stace » Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:31 pm

Thanks matey. (by the way, you might want to change the date on your PC...it made this thread jump back by 5 months!!!)

Just realised though that I will be permanently shackled onto my kite leash, and I imagine there are times when this might not be such a good idea. Has anyone got any tips for adapting this, maybe by using another snap shackle?

Stace
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Stace » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:36 pm

Hi guys,

I’ve just got myself a Stage 2 ‘Lock-In’ Bar. The quality is absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to try it out. However, I have a question that maybe you can all help with.

Firstly, the leash is designed to go on the front lines and I’ve never had the leash line going to one of the front lines before and was wondering if there are any implications/problems with doing this?

Secondly, I’m using 27m lines. How long should the leash line be to be effective when dropping the kite?

I’d appreciate any help.

Stace

Return to “Kitesurfing”