Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gaastra GX2 2003

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:15 pm

Here is my take on the kite quality issue,

All kites just rip or explode for no apparent reason. We can find examples of all kite brands where they just fell apart, “just sailing alongâ€

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:26 pm

What are JSA failures?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:17 pm

"J"ust "S"ailing "A"long

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:18 pm

Aaaahhhh, me think slow at this time of day
:smile:

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:59 pm

Truth (and everyone else as well),

I am finding this post very informative... Maybe not so much in what kites are actually made out of, but more in what I should keep an eye out for in good kite design. I will definitly be looking at the materials and construction in a different light next time I go to buy a kite.

Thanks! And keep it up!

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:57 am

mr/ms TRUTH,

The problem with some of your postings is that they are out and out LIES and you KNOW that you would be sued if you gave out your name that is why you are just a chicken to put your name out there. You say you are educating the people out there, but the fact is you are just venting some frustrations.

And that IS the TRUTH.

TRUTH
Rare Poster

Postby TRUTH » Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:14 am

" Rhino-Addict,...A Naish team rider drove up to check the wind, it was too gusty and wild, so he left. Will James took his Rhino II 16m out and showed everybody what a killer kite it is. He went off in those insane winds the Naish guys walked away from"

Are you saying that because the Naish rider chose to excercise what he fealt was good judgement that North kites are better than Naish kites? OR, are you saying that because the Naish rider exercised good judgement that the North rider must be better than he? Or, are you saying that because the Naish rider chose to exercise good judgement that Naish kites must not be able to handle and or perform in those conditions as the North did? Or are you saying that because the Naish rider chose to exercise good judgement that he must suck? I'm just asking as I am curious and would like to know what you are implying. And to think that people are calling me biased here. I wonder how you dodged this bullet?

Ralph, I don't forsee you accomplishing your goal of finding a corrupt chinese factory worker getting you any kites. It would be different if it were a trinket that you were after that comes from a factory full of trinkets, but it's not. You are seeking a kite, and a kite is made up of several pieces and alot of hard work and paid labor. They don't have excess or unaccounted for boxes of kites setting around waiting for their workers to grab one. Thay are all very accurately accounted for and inventoried. They have too much time, parts, and money invested in one to let themselves lose track of any. It would be nice though wouldn't it?

Marina.."...TRUTH has helped educate many people on this forum about general info re: material and construction of today's kite. Knowledge is empowerment and is almost always constructive! However IN MY OPINION his/her information is tainted with great animosity toward Gaastra which I really don't understand."... I figured you and some others on here may have this view of me, and I'd like to insist that it isn't so. I actually try to reamin unbiased. I myself fly 3 different brands of kites, of which I have yet to disclose their brand to you all in any effort to promote them, and to date I have not tried to put over any of them as being the best have I? It is not my intention to bring Gaastra down, but rather to educate everyone here. If my information about Gaastra is in fact inaccurate, I want to know this! It is the truth that I seek and try to relay, I am sincere and honest about that. In an effort to learn what you know and have heard from wherever you may have heard it , I'd like to contact you personally. If I am wrong, it is important to me to know this so as that I may correct it in future posts. So could you please contact me with a personal message and send me an email address where we can continue our talk one on one and maybe compare some notes?

KiteExcite does in fact have a repair shop on their facility. They have fixed kites for me that I have damaged while there. They're great, they do a great job, and they have a 24 hour turn around time. Can't beat it! My last repair cost me $20.00 US to fix there. So I have no doubt that Marina has much experience with kites self destructing, coming apart in the surf and whatnot. I also have no doubt about the fact that Marina and their riders will be giving the Gaastras a thorough testing in an pretty harsh environment, I only hope that Marina chooses to share the findings with us here, in an unbiased and truthful manner. Marina is also right about no kites being bomb proof. They are pretty fragile in fact, and a small rip, cut or abrasion can cause one to open up big enough to walk through it. It only has to be a cut 1/8 of an inch long to cause a JSA failure, and as said here, it is most usually always the fault of the pilot , be it from negligence or previous un-noticed damage. Because of this, it makes it difficult, if not impossible to judge a kite just because of a JSA failure that you have witnessed. So in all fairness to all kite companies, let's please try to refrain from judging kites and their quality by witnessing one exploding while under use. It does in fact happen to them all, that's the truth! This also though, happens to support my posts by shedding light on the importance of KNOWING what your kites are made of, WHICH kites are made of what, HOW they are produced and by whom, and what you, I, WE should EXPECT of our favorite kite manufacturer. No harm in that is their?

About these small holes becoming car sized holes...this is so easily avoidable by simply very closely inspecting your kite periodically. When the winds die, or you are setting on the beach waiting through a lull in the wind, or you are just resting, take some time every so often to thoroughly inspect your kite for even the smallest of holes, and tape or patch them as you find them. Duck down behind it with the sun on the opposite side of the canopy as you and look for small traces of light sneeking through holes. And always give it a quick scan and look over as your roll or fold it up and put it away. That's a great time to inspect it that wont really take anything away from your normal kiting time. You will never be sorry you did it. This piece of advise alone, if followed, will save the kiting public ALOT of lost and exploded kites, and probably cost the kiting companies several sales of new kites. Sorry for that one manufacturers.

Toby has a great idea with the list of kites and materials and others. I think that having this information will be most helpful to us all when purchasing our next kite. I will do my best to make such a list, but first, before I do, I will be speaking with Marina and further cross referenceing a few of the most controversial facts so as that we have them of upmost accuracy.

I'm sorry that someone or more here feel that I am venting frustrations as opposed to educating. I honestly cannot see how one would come to this conclusion. Trust me, having someone wanting to sue me is far from my goal. To think that by my not posting my name I am trying to dogde a lawsuit bullet is absurd. Why my name is not affixed to my posts should be more obvious than that at this time. Can we not see how highly controversial this thread has become? Can you invision me getting threats because of them? I can! I DO! As "chicken' as it may sound to you, when I have people threatening me, physically and other ways, it's doesn't come across to me as a brilliant move to come out and tell them who I am and where they can come and find me. So what am I to do? Stop with the flow of information? Obviously, that would make them happier than it would most others here. So then wouldn't I be giving in to them? Or should I just say who I am and set back and wait for them to work out their threats? It is because of this and these people, not because of my choice, that I wish to, and will continue to, remain somewhat anonymous to you. I'm sorry that because of this I come across as a "chicken" in your eyes.

Finally, this is my last post here trying to proclaim my sincerity and trying to defend myself. No, I'm not saying that this is my final post here altogether, but I do feel that we have wasted entirely too much time, both reading and writing, with trying to prove that I am out to destroy one or some, or that I am deliberatley posting lies to you. In my future posts, I will be returning to the track of relaying information as I know it and as others request it of me.

I hope that this post hasn't entirely been a waste of your time and I will personally do my best to keep them more informative in the immediate future. And I also hope that when we move on to kite re-inforcements, construction techniques, detailed information on kite factories and other subjects in the future, and I outline which kites and companies have what and which ones don't, that it won't be interpreted as me trying to be biased to any particular brands. It will be me relaying information to you about them. Plain and simple.

TRUTH

Ray-au
Medium Poster

Postby Ray-au » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:11 am

I just have to admit it, I can't handle the truth

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:39 pm

" Rhino-Addict,...A Naish team rider drove up to check the wind, it was too gusty and wild, so he left. Will James took his Rhino II 16m out and showed everybody what a killer kite it is. He went off in those insane winds the Naish guys walked away from"

Are you saying that because the Naish rider chose to excercise what he fealt was good judgement that North kites are better than Naish kites? OR, are you saying that because the Naish rider exercised good judgement that the North rider must be better than he? Or, are you saying that because the Naish rider chose to exercise good judgement that Naish kites must not be able to handle and or perform in those conditions as the North did? Or are you saying that because the Naish rider chose to exercise good judgement that he must suck? I'm just asking as I am curious and would like to know what you are implying. And to think that people are calling me biased here. I wonder how you dodged this bullet?

My reply,

I'm only trying to give you a feel for how gusty it was, and how good the kite and Will James is. I'm sure the Naish guys could have kited and gone off too. The events as they unfolded were relayed so you could understand how bad the conditions were an who easy the Rhino II and Will made it look. Who knows just how much of it was kite and/or rider. It's just interesting, that's all. I fly a Rhino and I'm looking forward to trying the Rhino II.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:17 pm

Mr Truth,

Send me a private e-mail and I will share some provable facts.

Dwight

fishersfort@charter.net

Return to “Kitesurfing”