Gaastra GX2 2003

Forum for kitesurfers
kiteboardingcrazy
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiteboardingcrazy » Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:25 pm

gaastra are just copying the designs of the X2 and the are shit in comparision why have second best when you can have the Naish X2
HEY theyve even copied the name (GX2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kiteboardingcrazy on 2002-08-17 00:28 ]</font>

EH Kiteboards
Rare Poster

Postby EH Kiteboards » Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:41 am

Wow watt a tread, unreal.
I tell you, I've seen the boy's under their Gaastra kites in Cabarete, and yep they jump higher and longer then before.
True they look a lot like the X2, so watt the TRUTH is that if I can get my hands on one, I would not care watt it was made from. I just want to fly.

Eric
Who is TRUTH, come out my friend, show your face

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:48 am

RE: X2,
my girlfriend is 5-10lbs lighter than me and has a 10m X2. I have been able to go out in lighter AND stronger conditions than her on the GXR (not GX2) 10m..... not bashing the X2, just stating some truth. BTW, I never heard from Truth. So, here's some more info I'll pass along for those that are interested.

1st. Gaastra GXR kites only use Gaastra GG4 165 gram Dacron produced exclusively for Gaastra International Ltd by Tejin of Japan. This Dacron is made in Japan to Gaastra’s own specs and shipped directly to China for production of the Gaastra GXR kites.

2nd. Gaastra kites use Tejin ripstop polyester made in Japan on all Gaastra GXR kites in production. This material is shipped directly to Gaastra in China and put into production.

3rd. Gaastra kites are produced in their own factory in China with the highest levels of quality control possible.

Marina

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:14 pm

What are the diffrence between the GX2 and GXR? Any pics?

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:37 pm

It is the GXR NOT the GX2. That was an error.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:46 am

Hey truth , how about the Airush lifts - on their post, they were talking about the segmented leading edge and how their one piece edge system was superior (and more expensive to produce - more waste material?), you forget to mention this. Also they have a double ply trailing edge which seems like a good idea. Dont take this the wrong way , I like Slingshot kites (and own 2 fuels), but give credit where credit is due, they appear to have a great product too.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:32 am

hi kiteboardingcrazy,
HEY theyve even copied the name (GX2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kiteboardingcrazy on 2002-08-17 00:28 ]</font>
The name is GXR, not GX2. Dear TRUTH got even the name wrong....

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:45 am

Guys, I think the only way to answer this question is through time.

Truth can say what he wants and there wil be those who perceive this as attacks on the brand they ride. The again, we don't know if truth has a commercial interest in any of the other brands he mentions as the best so there are a couple of big question marks.

For those who are not sure, maybe they should stick to tried and tested brands and if the Gastra really is as bad as TRUTH says, then, we'll know soon enough.

Also, don't forget about one important issue...bladders. Cabrinha had a shocking batch of bladders in their 2001 kit which did a lot of damage to their reputation, however their kite construction itself was fine. Their latest 2002 kit is widely recognised as some of the most durable kit on the market, so things can quickly change for a company.

If gastra is as bad as they say, the 2nd hand market will be flooded with these kites, so unless you have physical proof to durability issues, be careful what you say, because you can easily damage someone who is trying to build a business. My logic is to keep quiet until I have heard experiences. If Gastra wants to use material they believe is equal or higher than the current options, let them try. They might find out something new and provide a means to bring cheaper kites to the market of the same quality. If people don't test these materials, we are going to be stuck with the same kites, with varying designs, and kites will get NO tougher, NO lighter, and NO more durable than they currently are.

Lets have some faith in the manufacturers. Building kites is a long term industry and I'm sure these guys won't put development into a short term product.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:18 pm

On 2002-08-18 12:48, marina wrote:
RE: X2,
I'll pass along for those that are interested.

1st. Gaastra GXR kites only use Gaastra GG4 165 gram Dacron produced exclusively for Gaastra International Ltd by Tejin of Japan.
Marina
The original Rhino is made from 175 gram Polyant Dacron, if anybody cares. Got this info direct from KW. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-08-21 20:19 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:28 pm

hi guys,

look what i just got from the kitesurfing-kiel forum.

shit happens therefore also to producers that are among the best (according to TRHUTH (;-))

the posting is in german. it essentially says that a brandnew NORTH TORO collapsed when waterstarting and the tube disintegrated. the tube exploded after 3 hours of usage, without too much presure

here the message:
<b>Geschrieben von frustriert am 23. August 2002 12:40:58:

Nagelneue 1 woche alte North Toro 12 fallt sich beim wasserstart zusamen und haupttube reist beim quertubenaht auseinander und schlauch platzt und das schon nach erste drie stunden (war nicht zu fest aufgepumpt).

Wer hat ahnliche erfahrungen mit schaden am kite, es ist mir eigentlich nie klar geworden das die teilen so empfindlich sind oder tausche ich mich da?

Was halten tubekites eigentlich aus in z.b. wellen ich meine es ist ein wassersport oder? </b>

Return to “Kitesurfing”