Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gaastra GX2 2003

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:27 am

I think it's F-One that's made at the Naish factory.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:00 pm

I think Naish is produced in China.
Don't know about any other.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:10 pm

Naish and North are made in Sri Lanka.

Airush is made in A.Lam factory, they make also windsurfing sails like Tushingham.

The Winlock factory doesn't make windsurfboards as mr.TRUTH says. Wrong again.

And how about the light constructed gaastra windsurfing sails mr.TRUTH. They have Dimension X-ply, you said Dimension was the BEST, how could the be light constructed???

Or is it ONLY the dacron that is good in Dimension fabrics? (hohoho) .....

kGreg
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kGreg » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:27 pm

Hi Truth & everybody,

if you have some new information to share, please DO NOT STOP!
We do not get this kind of information from the producers, I didn't even read about that in any Mag.
I think it would be fair, if customers could receive all available information before deciding to buy a kite.
This forum is an excellent place for that.
WE, THE CUSTOMERS, WANT TO KNOW IT!
I think that is an absolutly fair expectation.
So what is my kite made of?

Regards,

kGreg

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:35 pm

The factory locations of Naish and North are wrong. I know for a fact where some of the kites are made. My friends, best friend, has been there.

North kites are made at the same paraglider factory with Airush and Wipika. Don't confuse windsurfing factories with kiting.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:20 pm

Elvis is still alive !!!
Titanic was realy beemed into space by Aliens.!
Dos it matter where the kites come from?? Enjoy the sport, or is it to hot my friends?

Tarzan

TRUTH
Rare Poster

Postby TRUTH » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:29 pm

I'm back again, THIS time by popular demand. I do see that some people are having some issues with my posts, but, as Toby points out, this is ok and to be expected.

kGreg along with another or two or three seem to want to hear what I have to say, BUT, I honestly wish not to be one to stir shit and make it stink really good, SO, anyone of these posts may very well be my last and final post here. That is, IF you like reading what I write, and wish to continue to pick at my brain for what I DO KNOW, then feel free show some sort of support here as kGreg has for me and let me know that their IS some people out there that are interested in it and I shall continue on forward with the little known secrets that the general kitesurfing public is NOT normally aware of, and some stuff that the kitesurfing manufacturers prefer that you DO NOT know. With that being said, I'll move on.

For starters, Toby is right. Naish is made in China, not Sri Lanka. It seems like the guy who has a friedn who has a friend who knows where kites are made actually knows more about it that those that are contradicting it. This I care not to argue or debate over though as it really doesn't matter much, so this will be my final comment on that. I have before me exactley which kites are made where and which kites are made in the same factories as other kites if we all REALLY need to know, but again, I see this as no real relevance at this time. Besides, just as sure as I give you that information, someone that swears to know more about it than I will tell you that I am wrong.

Winlock factory MAY not make the windsurf boards as I first said. My actual point their was that Winlock is actually a windsurf sail factory, prior to making any kites there. I think too that they still do produce a large amount of windsurfing sails there at present. In fact, the ONLY kite produced there would be the all so wonderful Gaastra.

I did say that Dimension Polyant Dacron is the good stuff, but when I spoke of Dimension, I DID speak only of their Polyant Dacron, and it being used as leading edge material, NOT of their polyester for canopies or other...So NO (hohoho), I am NOT wrong again, you just didn't read my statements thoroughly enough. And for the record, from this point on, I WILL be using the word 'Ripstop' as opposed to 'polyester'(I just like it that way). When it comes to using the RIGHT ripstop/polyester for the canopies, Teijin makes the best. So YES, when I said Dimension makes the best, I was in fact speaking of their DP Dacron, NOT their ripstop. And at this time, we have Marina from Kiteexcite saying that Gaastra DOES use Teijin brand for their canopies, and at the same time we have (hohoho) saying that Gaastra uses Dimension brand fabrics for their kites....and stating that I am WRONG AGAIN...but I have yet to see anyone prove anything I say here as wrong. I welcome you to do so though! Fact of the matter is that Gaastra kites LE are made with GG4 Dacron, proprietary to them and used for many years in their windsurf sails...just as Marina stated. And it is Gaastra that makes and produces this fabric for themselves. Their canopies material is also made by them for them and is scarily similar to the same fabric they use to make artificial flowers out of, but treated for leaks.

On page one of this thread, someone asked me to tell them what their Airush and Cabrinhas are made of. I will try to answer this question for them now since I never know when and if I may ever post here again....
Airush is constructed of the finest materials available. They use the best dacron for the leading edge and the best ripstop for their canopies. As far as their construction though, I cannot/will not comment on that as I have yet to go that far.
Cabrinha kites also use the superior Teijin brand of ripstop for their canopies, BUT, I cannot/willnot comment on their leading edge or construction of the kite as I have not gotten that far yet.

As far as telling exactley what your kite IS made of and my making a seperate post about that, I'm not going to do that. I will however go over it a little here.
Since the kite manufacturers prefer to NOT put on the kite what the fabric is made of or WHO it is made by, it's really difficult for the average consumer to tell...and trust me, THEY KNOW THIS! The only way you can really tell at this time is to know. And the only way to really know at this time is to have faith and trust in me and what I am trying to tell you here. What you need to do is go out and feel the leading edge of the kites that I DID tell you are made of the Dimension Polyant Dacron (DP Dacron) in the leading edge. Feel them, bend them, rub them, feel how they feel. Then go and feel the leading edge of some kites that DON'T make us of it in their leading edge and you will learn to tell the difference. The same thing goes for the canopies. It's a matter of knowing one from the other. Feel some canopies that I told you ARE made of Teijin brand ripstop and then feel some that are made from other brands, and you too will soon be able to tell one from the other. This really is something that you should learn to tell prior to purchasing kites as most people work pretty hard for their money and NO ONE deserves to be ripped off by cheap kites and or companies.

The last of my TRUTH's for the day will be...
ELVIS is NOT still alive, but is dead and gone. Sorry.
The Titanic actually did sink as history reports it did. Don't you ever watch the History Channel?
And it really DOESN'T matter what country your kite is produced in.

...and now you now MORE of the story.

TRUTH

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:09 am

TRUTH

Learning is fun!

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Fabjet1 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:02 am

I support your action of educating us and believe in your thruth...
What about F-1 kites?
Thks..

Den
Rare Poster

Postby Den » Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:03 am

Dido - What about F-one kites?

Return to “Kitesurfing”