jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:04 pm

Cool!
SB = Smorgasboard?
Something I don't understand is how the board bites at the back (probably a language issue here). Do you mean it pushes back more aggressively?

Cheers
Nico

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:05 pm

And also: if it is about the smorgasboard: what difference do you think the outline makes? The Smorgas is supposed to be super straight in the outline. Wonder what difference it makes?!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:19 pm

It is the smorgasbord I’m talking about.

When I say bite, I’m trying to give you a feel for what I feel when riding it. When you press the tail hard, it holds with a solid feel. It’s kind of a braking feel to it also.

When you press the WT tail it holds solid, but accelerates or turns upwind.

The WT has the same very straight outline the SB has. Both boards will spray water in your eyes if you press the front foot too much. This is caused by the very straight outline. It also makes these boards rocket upwind.

Dwight

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:10 pm

WOW :smile: I have to read this over.. I want to thank you for all the info! I am excited to have had some replies! I hope to make the right choice.. I do use full bindings.. and like I said what is really important for me is to get the right stance. I kite in the ocean and also on the bay (flat water) I just want one board for both.. no more windsurfing..carting two boards around. I will let you know what I do and how it goes!
Kittykite
>^..^<

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:01 am

u could try a proper wakeboard such as one of the liquid force ladies jobbies- vvvv nice boards, but for the price u could probably get a custom baord made:/

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:20 pm

Hello,
The price of my board is not an issue. I don't mind spending money on a GOOD board.
I need to see some photos of the boards mentioned. I need to work on it. I would hate to be boardless. ahhhhhhhh >^..^<

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:29 pm

Send me a private e-mail and I will send pictures of the 137 WT my wife rides.

fishersfort@charter.net

Dwight

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:18 pm

Dwight,

thanks for the answers. I couldn't get in here for the last 2 days, dunno why.

Sounds interesting. I spoke to a shaper in Germany since (Carved.de) and he says he tried the flip-up tips and didn't like them because they make the tips so much heavier.

I am really in 10 minds about which way to go with my board :smile:

Cheers
Nico

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:07 pm

are the tips too heavier? From the pictures it looks good.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:15 pm

The tip on a Underground wave tray is paper thin. You can flex it with your hand. For this reason, it feels light. The difference in the way it rides compared to a straight tip is dramatic. It's not something to give up on design wise, just because that shaper made his too heavy. He should try harder to get it right.

Dwight

Return to “Kitesurfing”