Forum for kitesurfers
jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:42 pm

Andoni,

did you get my mails? Hope to get confirmation soon.
Cheers
Nico

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:49 pm

the 12.5 is a bit expensive though, isn't it?

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foxi » Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:19 pm

Hi there,

first of all Toby´s right that the pricing for the 12.5 - at least in Germany - is by far not reasonable. I´ve choosen a Toro 16 just for the relaunching aspect and my really more intermediate skills .. I only can compare to my CO2 11.5 I previously owned and to the impressions I had last weekend. Toro 16 is extremely light! It´s far lighter than my CO2 9.0. Struts are very very thin and it´s nailed to the air in lightest winds. Extremely stable, no stall in 6 hours riding - being airtime novice ! Can´t describe how HUGE the difference is to my CO2 11.5(15.6 surface). I´ve also been far behind the 11.8 Abs and Rhino 16s before in terms of low end and upwind capabilities before. ABSOLUTELY REVERSED WORLD NOW !! Was the last guy to leave the lake .. :wink:)) I was very skeptical, maybe also due to a 20 years "partnership" with NeilPryde associated products, but it´s really a quantum leap for me. Can only recommend to check this nice tool, nevertheless I would have prefered the Skoops great design. Maybe Bruno may read these lines and develop something for intermediates .. if he didn´t already do ..

aloha

HT

Return to “Kitesurfing”