Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby francky » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:16 am

Hello
I'm going to australia in september
Neither been there before
Should i take my kite ?
Witch one ??
Could you tell me were are the best spots ?
Thanks

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:28 am

Hi

Check out : http://www.traqua.com.au

Regards

Knut

Ray-au
Medium Poster

Postby Ray-au » Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:15 am

West coast is the best place to go, starting from Perth and traveling up the coast to Exmouth. To many great spots to list. Bring all your kites!!!
check out:
http://www.seabreeze.com.au

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:18 am

I heard so many nice things about kiting in Australia, so definetely you should bring your stuff!

Toby

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:28 am

it's kind of a big place - so bring all your kites. September is the start of spring down here - and too early for good seabreezes in southern australia where I am from (Melbourne). If you want warm water stay north of Sydney.

You definately can't go wrong on the West coast for kiting (and will find some of the best spotsd in the world) but if you want to visit the coast with the people living on it (east coast!) there are thousands of KM's to explore and zillions of beaches. All of Queensland should be good in September - and there should still be trades about from far north down to Mackay.

Try Cairns, Noosa, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay, Port Stephens etc. for interesting places north east with good kitespots.

If you do make it to Melbourne we have great kiting starting to Happen from September/October - but the water is still pretty cold down here until November.

Ray-au
Medium Poster

Postby Ray-au » Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:59 am

Hey man!!!!
There are people in WA :wink:

captain pugwash
Medium Poster

Postby captain pugwash » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:15 am

If you get to Victoria, popular spots are Brighton Beach and St Kilda but if you want a buzz, Sandy point speed run is the mecca, check out "www.promcountry.com.au/sandy_point.htm" World speed records are set here, glass water with wind of 25+knots

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:59 am

head to Western Australia. Ya can't go wrong!!! and bring all ya gear, there's conditions for every one.

See ya soon, Jungles

Return to “Kitesurfing”