All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:35 am 
Medium Poster

Hi CHirojoseph,

Feel free to post the link to http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de and especially to the safty-pages where ever you like to. Olli, the admin, is a friend of mine and he is surely happy if he gets some extra international traffic. I posted the page here because there were the answers to your question and not to promote the page.

The holes in the shackles are homemade. Use a drill on the thickest part of the shackle on the side that is not released. Olli wrote that you can put A ring through it, but not what ring he used. It looks to me like a better key-ring (or two or three of them). I can ask him if he is back from vacation.
If you don´t want to drill a whole, use the configuration of the second last foto on the page with two shackles.

Fabe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:38 am 
Medium Poster

Hi CHirojoseph,

Feel free to post the link to http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de and especially to the safty-pages where ever you like to. Olli, the admin, is a friend of mine and he is surely happy if he gets some extra international traffic. I posted the page here because there were the answers to your question and not to promote the page.

The holes in the shackles are homemade. Use a drill on the thickest part of the shackle on the side that is not released. Olli wrote that you can put A ring through it, but not what ring he used. It looks to me like a better key-ring (or two or three of them). I can ask him if he is back from vacation.
If you don´t want to drill a whole, use the configuration of the second last foto on the page with two shackles.

Fabe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:31 pm 
Frequent Poster

since this is really the same topic..lets talk quickly about the new bar posted here recently. aside from all the comments about lack of a central depower cleat, i have 2 questions

1) Is it absolutely necessary that the "kite leash" line go THROUGH the bar also? couldnt it hang, a bit loose, behind or in front of the bar? wouldnt that accomplish the same benefits of being able to spin teh bar after a flip and "clear" the kite leash line?

2) Is anyone else nervous about the "leash line" larksheaded to the inside of the snap shackle? Since this line is not under constant load, couldnt it become a bit loose and slide over the hinge of the snap shackle or, once the shackle is opened and kite is on teh water, slide off completely ...bye bye kite?

any comments?

im going to try to larkshead my leash around my shackle right now and see how it stay in place.

Cheers
ChiroJOSEPH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:05 pm 
Hi,
as far as I understand the pics, the second line that goes throug the bar is the second frontline. The leash is attatched to that line
on the riders side of the bar.
So because only the front lines go through the bar, there should be tension on both.
Your 2nd. question also makes me think.
Thisl

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2