Forum for kitesurfers
jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:36 pm

4 times 200 equals 600 ?? :wink:
I disagree. To date, I still have to find kites that all like to fly on the same size bar. Flying an x2 10 on a 60cm is not very nice, but it fits the 20 well...

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:54 pm

You have to buy one set of lines and bar, so the savings is $600.00.

Yep, Naish is another kite company that can't get all sizes to fly alike. Trust me, all kite companies would like to, only a few have.

Jacky and I are both very happy flying all our kites on the same 20" bar. From 22.5m to 7.5m, all very comfortable. I think you know what I fly. I don't want to sound like a salesman.

When more kites are designed right, they'll get my money. Until then, I won't waste my money on weird flying kites that require 4 different sets of lines and bars to make them work.

Dwight

Dwight

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:56 pm

My bad....
Resale is often easier with lines and bars, though

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:14 pm

Because only a fool would buy a complete quiver of kites with lines and bars. That would be a waste of $200 per kite (x 4 kites = $600.00 wasted)

But then again, you probably get your kites at dealer cost. Now wonder it makes sense to you.

A well designed quiver of kites will fly perfect on the same length bar. Some designers have yet to achieve this (Slingshot for example, ouch, sorry Johnny)

Dwight

Dude, Thanks for your kind words. I always appreciate being called a fool! :wink:
You don't have to be "OUCH, sorry Johnny" for any of what you say here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I wont try to make you defend yourself for stating yours. I'm not all about that.

I do get a new bar with every kite that comes my way, I will not deny that, however, I don't use them all. Most of them stay sealed in their plastic bag until I sell my used kite to someone who may need it with a bar...they get a new bar with it.

Not sure what's the matter with the SlingShot's that you are flying Dwight, but personally, I fly ALL of mine on one size bar length. Even when I do break out a second bar, it's usually the same length as the one I am currently using. I fly 10m, 12m, 14m, & 16m Fuels all on the same bar. The only time I reach for a differ bar is when I fly the 8m or 6m kites and it's windy as hell, then I go down to a shorter bar.

This is all opinionated stuff for the most part. You may be right in your own right, but then, Royce and myself may be right in our own right too. It's all a matter of preference.

Take care

Johnny

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:30 pm

Johnny,

In fairness to Slingshot, I’ve only flown the 14m. The idea about some Slingshots sizes being stiff, and others good, was placed in my head by a Slingshot team rider that defected to another brand. If I’m wrong, then sorry about that to Slingshot and you. That’s good news that the kites are working with all the same bars.

Buying lines and bars with every kite is a pet gripe of mine, so I’m more sensitive to it. I feel bad when I see newbies struggle to afford these expensive kites, and then get suckered into thinking they need to buy lines and bars with every kite. Newbies should be told they have another option. I’m lucky enough to be able to afford to buy what I like. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel the pain when I or somebody else, gets mislead or ripped off. I was especially pissed at Naish for making me buy a bar and line set with all (5) AR5’s that I bought 3 years ago. I will never forgive them for ripping me off to the tune of 5 line and bar sets. $1000.00 worth of crap.

Dwight

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:40 pm

Dwight,
just out of curiosity: why do you always post as anonymous?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:50 pm

You got me fired up now.

Did you know some of these kite companies are still ripping us off? Try buying a kite soon after it’s released. Many companies make you buy the kite with bar and lines, until supplies are plentiful. They know demand is high when a kite is first released and they see this as an opportunity make us buy lines and bars. They have excuses for why they do it, but I’m buying into that B.S. Naish was still pulling that dirty trick when the ARX was released and Cabrinha did it with the 2002 kites. I’m sure lots of companies still do it, and will do it again in 2003. To the best of my knowledge, Wipika and North never did it. Don’t give in to them. Buy from those who don’t rip us off, unless you like wasting money.

Dwight

It's less hassle to just sign my name. I'll register someday.

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:27 pm

Hold on. That's a bit unfair.
In Germany, you can buy the X2, arguably one of the most sought-after kites, without bar and lines. But unlike many other makes, the lines and bar are spot on. Depower length is perfect (I changed it and it wasnt as good).

And the North bar was pretty crap, at least in my opinion.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:48 pm

I agree Naish does the best job of putting a COMPLETE good package together. I said they did this to me with the ARX and I’m in the US where our distributor may be at fault. Slingshot also puts a good complete package together. I still wouldn’t not want to be forced to buy lines and bars for either of these companies. The point is you buy the lines and bar with your first X2 or Slingshot and none thereafter.

North bars are crap, and I’m glad they have always sold them kite only. The same can be said for Wipika prior to this year.

No arguments from me on these points. I still think the option to buy kite only should always be there with any brand, and not after supplies are plentiful.

I only stated facts as they happened to me in the US. I don’t think this is unfair.

Dwight

Airgear.com
Medium Poster

Postby Airgear.com » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:54 pm

We sell them and they are a very good seller. I personally use the Q Power Pros. They are very strong and offer the least drap from any other lines I have used.

I absolutely love them.

Boaz

Return to “Kitesurfing”