Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Rhino 2 - info from North

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:25 pm

I just received this info:

available around end of September.

The Rhino 2 is North's new powerful high AR kite. Due to its higher AR, the Rhino 2 flies very close to the wind, offers best upwind ability and extreme lift in jumps. A significant larger number of segments in the canopy keeps its surface smooth and homogenous for enhanced stability in the air. The Rhino's improved aerodynamic qualities provide better lift, more hangtime and make it more versatile (wider depower range).

The Rhino2 is fast and reliable in the air and particulary its larger sizes are unbeatable in low wind condition (we will see...). Therefore we only produce sizes ranging from 10-20 m².

Our new variable Turning Speed Variation System permits a range of individual setups to suit the rider's requirements. The turning speed controllers are used to adjust the space between flying and bridle lines and thus influence the kite's agility.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:28 pm

no size smaller than 10?
I don't think it is a good idea....
8 would be still ok as smallest size.
Don't they think about the kiting ladies?

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:04 pm

I'm not sure where that odd press release is coming from. Ken wrote me last night and said the team riders want 8 and 10 sizes. I wanted the 9m. He may still make a 9, if the market demands it. Now is your chance to voice your opinion.

I aggree with not going smaller than 8 meter for My wife and I. I own the 6.3 Rhino, but never used it. I have set a wind limit on my wife for her safety. If she can't hold down the 7.5 Rhino, she can't kite. She holds the 7.5 in winds gusting 30 mph. These kites have huge range and I think 30 is a safe wind limit for most people. If you live where the wind is always very high, then maybe you would be safe in higher winds. For most of us, we should go do something else when it's too windy and be safe to kite another day.

Newbies like to use small kites because they don't have the skills to hold a lot of power. They can use smaller sizes of the Toro, which they should be flying anyway.

Return to “Kitesurfing”