Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Opinions on Slingshot Skate Series boards?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:44 am

Points well taken. Thanks for the info. However, a few guys I know have bought the Cabrinha Prankster and are totally stoked on it. It is not a thick board. It is pretty thin but does have a little float to it in the center along with step down rails.

Are the Underground boards wider than the Slingshots?

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:22 am

The Undergrounds are about the same, but they have more models and some extra wide light wind ones.

They are custom built, so some guys do specify special widths.

The Prankster is thick by my standards. I like boards to be wakeboard thin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-08-11 03:24 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:13 pm

I had a 157 Jarvis but sold it after a week and got back my airush Switch 156. Much nicer feeling. Going straight and fast easy and not willing to go left or right that easy. The jarvis makes you tired much quicker because nevous and tendency to go left or right quick. Try the airush switch 156 and you will be happy.

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:27 pm

Got a Drake 147 for almost 5 months, and feel very enthusiast about it. Of course this is not the kind of board purposed to go straight and fast with less than 10 knots on flat water, but if you're looking for a board very reactive under your feet, able to surf, jump easily with a great pop, railslide the waves as a skateboard does, this will make the stuff. I feel also very comfortable on this board when riding toeside, what I do like a lot.

I have removed the two extra fins because they are not necessary and give a lesser speed. I'm awaiting to find some thinner profiles to test, since the original fins are awfully thick. When you test it for the first time, you may probably find it slow, but with the experience, there is no particular problem to go fast with it.

To establish a comparison with the windsurf boards, the skate series are rather wave/wave-slalom boards whereas TT like F-one 160 are rather pure slalom boards.

You just have to know what kind of board you're looking for, but this one is a great one in its category. Know your gear is the key.

Best winds on your local spots !

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Sake » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:27 pm

bragnouff is 100% correct.

The statement wave vs slalom was my way of telling the difference between an Wipika Eclipse 159 and the Slingshot Drake 147.

Return to “Kitesurfing”