Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO YA FAVOURITE KITE.....

Forum for kitesurfers
RocketRonnieRadox
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RocketRonnieRadox » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:37 am

catch a VIRUS : )

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:54 am

i think we can all agree that the light wind weapon c-quad is an instrument to be handled by experts only!

i just wanna make sure not to plant the wrong idea into some newbie's head.

it's gotta be like hell to learn kitesurfing on a c-quad today :wink:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:33 am

In a way it's an experts only kite... however a quite a few people in New Zealand actually learn on them due to their price and their crisp flying in light winds.

They are hard to fly at first... totally different to inflatables and even foils for that matter. As they are 4 line only kites it may be strange to hear me say that they go well with wakes...... but some aspects of the kite suit wake style riding.

The response is nice and fast, and U can use the brakes to make the kite sit back in the window and hence generate more constant power.

They are not suitable for what I call "fullon wakeboarding" (ie handle passes, bindings... in other words swapping the boat for a kite). However they suit small twintips due to their performance features... hope that clears things up.....

Anyone who has struggles with a big slow kite on a small boards will knoe what I'm talking about.

As for avoiding the beach I kite at because I'd be a hazard... yeah I've had a few accidents....... but they've all been when I've used inflatables :smile:.

Don't learn on a C Quad.... it may seem tempting at first due to the price but then you'll have to get used to an inflatable once you get better (inflatables far better once wind picks up). I use them only for lightwind fun.

BLOWN AWAY

Return to “Kitesurfing”