Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

South Africa - News, Holidays and more

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:02 am

Check out the all new website from South Africa's biggest windsurfing and kiteboarding center. We have rentals, new, used and ex demo gear, accommodation, comps and a fully qualified kite school!

http://www.capesport.co.za

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:21 pm

sweet website! Love the photo galleries

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:20 pm

You forgot to mention SHARKS !

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MissionMan » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:51 pm

We've had one attack on a kiteboarder and that wasn't even in cape town. It was in durbs and the victim emerged unscathed from the attack. Other places in the world have had way more than South Africa. In SA there are enough seals to keep the sharks busy.

I saw a picture taken from a helicopter over the sardine shoals with 2 normal surfers on their boards sitting in the middle of the shoal with about 5 humungus sharks around them. They didn't even look twice at the surfers because they were too busy with the sardines. fair enough thats tempting fate, but they have their food and very rarely are humans part of it.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:48 am

Sharks?? In Langebaan. yeah right. Actually, there are as many great whites in the Med, and even more teeth in Oz and the States. As the last post said, attacks are not happening. Sharks are not monsters, they are amazing creatures. I recently swam with Whale Sharks and those are big! No teeth mind you. I am in Santa Cruz, CA USA right now and there are plenty of Whites here and I know 2 people who have been attacked and neither were windsurfing or kiteboarding. Both go back into the water all the time and are happy doing it. If you feel sharks are a problem in SA, come and see for yourself and get educated! It just isn't like National Geographic you know!

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:29 am

I have been to South Afrika and I saw not any shark. What fuss do these people who not travel to country no.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:00 am

you seen the pics of Maui on this site? Pretty rad man. Also some other great shots of SA!

Olaf
Rare Poster

Postby Olaf » Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:01 am

Hi, I live in Cape Town which is about an hours drive from Lange baan and trust me don’t worry about SHARKS.

Olaf

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:31 pm

what is a shark anyway? just share som' more kite experiencing in SA with us!

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:22 am

Olaf, you're a liar. You Western Cape guys are #%^* scared of the Natal Sharks Rugby team so don't say you aint scared of sharks. he he

Return to “Kitesurfing”