X2 Valves

Forum for kitesurfers
EH Kiteboards
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby EH Kiteboards » Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:19 am

I'm having this funny problem with my valves.
After inflating the rib, the little ball holds the air inside but when I push in the valve to close it then the valve head comes flying out. It seems that when you push in the valve the little air in the valve stem compresses and pushes the ball back and the tube pressure then pushes the valve head back out.

Any body else has had this problem??
I now ride without the valve heads. It works..

vesku
Medium Poster

Postby vesku » Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:22 am

Hi!

I did not understand what you are exactly doing with valves. But if you are really trying to push your valves in like in beach ball after closing the valve cap. DON'T DO THAT!

Valves are not designed for that. And Naish manuals clearly point that out. You will ruin your bladders easily by doing that.

But I maybe just misunderstood your message... I hope.

VESKU

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:27 pm

i understand what is happening. That sucks. I had the same thing happen once and just put some vasceline arount the male piece and made sure the velcro covers held the valve straight. In fact mine were not pushing out all the way, just a litte bit enough for the valve to leak. Mine happened on only one strut of one Cabrinha kite i had. eli

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AdventureAntigua.com on 2002-08-18 13:30 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”