All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:10 am 
Rare Poster

Hey,
I took my Kite boarding lessons today for 6 hours. I learned to handle the kite and get up on the board and ride (it was a blast!). What do you think about the Naish Aero 20.1? I'm 265 mind you in miami wind. My instructor said to go with a medium aspect kite and a non-directional board. For the board, I was thinking a light wave design Pickle Fork 175. Let me know your thoughts.

thanks,
Sean

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:57 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hi Sean,

the problem you are facing is following:
for your weight and low winds you need a big kite.
But to learn with a big kite it is not recommended. If gusts hit you you will have sincere problems and you won't hold the kite (of courses depending on the strenght of the gusts). It is better to start with a kite of about 12 sqm, when you can handle it, yu can get a bigger one. The 12 you will need for more wind anyway.

The board is fine.

Greetings
Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

HEy Sean. Go find some of the Miami kite guys like Andy Hurdman ( the best in FL?) or ask where to track down Rick from the FKA and get hooked up with those guys. They will be a great source of advice and help for you. They will know what you need and may even be able to set you up good. If nothing else join the FKA and get the insurance they offer. Learn fast, stay safe.

[ 3 posts ]