All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:29 am 
Rare Poster

I am a beginner and i want to buy takoon curver 184 . Is this a good board for a new kitesurfer ? : )

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:14 pm 
I would always recommend your first kitesurfing experiance be on a directional. However, if funds are tight & you don't want to have to buy a TT a few months later, then the Curver 184 is an excellent choice.

Just remember - point the nose of the board at the kite to start & bend the back leg - then it's easy!

Radman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:02 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

If the 184 is similar to it´s little brother 164 you´ll love it !! :wink:)
I´ve started kitesurfing this spring and if you´ve ever been on a snow- or wakeboard a TT is the right way to go. If not and you´re a skilled windsurfer, you should give a directional a try! From my experience it will take you around 15 days intensive kiting until you wish to control a smaller board. That´s simply due to the fact that in the beginning you don´t feel comfi with too much kitepower and therefore need an early planing board to cover this "weakness". As soon as you get accustomed to the kite´s power you can make a much smaller board plan very easily. I´ve switched from a F-One TT 180 to the Curver 164 now and feel the Curver to pop on a plane even faster. But don´t skip intro - it´s the way we all have to go for quickest improvement !

aloha

HT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:33 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hi there!
a friend of my started his adventure with kitesurfing on CURVER 164 and you will not beleve how fast he became to ride. After about 4 sessions I saw him dancing on the water. So live the directional and try on this TT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:19 pm 
Rare Poster

I ask to my instructor if i should buy curver 164 rather than 184 . He told me that 184 is much better for beginner riderss.. How long can i use this board ? Can i make jumps with a 184 board ???

[ 5 posts ]