Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Toro 12m...Is it any good and where can I buy it?

Forum for kitesurfers
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:31 am

thx anonymous :grin:

I wonder if you had the perfect trim for the Toro, if too much depowered almost every kite will stall in gusty conditions.
It is correct, the X2 is more aggressive in gusts, the Toro more forgiving.
The X2 changes the gust into full power (good for jumps...) the Toro is a bit weaker and absorbs some of the power.
For beginners much easier to handle.

Toby

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:35 am

On 2002-08-21 11:16, MissionMan wrote:

If you go for a Toro, Cabrinha CO2, Airrush ATV, Naish Aero, Wipika Hydro, etc it is honestly not going to effect your performance until you reach pro level, so for the moment, it comes down to personal preference. The durability is obviously an issue, and most of the newer kites are pretty durable
I have to disagree with this. 3 kites on that list are equal and 2 are stinkers that I do not recommend if buying new. Kites do fly different and some still fly like crap either in gusty wind, or when pushed to their upper limits. The Toro is one of the 3 good ones on my list.

jever98
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:38 am

From flying the CO2 just once, I would say it isnt on mine :wink:

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster

Postby Louis Cypher » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:43 am

And which are the stinkers? :wink:

Louis

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:48 am

Is it really going to impact someone's starting ability on either of those kites?

I have seen people start off on CO2's no prob. I have seen people love and hate the Hydro. I have seen guys start out on ATV's and not have a problem. etc etc. He asked about the Toro, not the CO2, I simply stated most low-medium aspect kites will get you started.

P.S. What makes me not a real kiter because I haven't flown the Toro? My personal preference is to High AR kites and Foils.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:53 am

On 2002-08-21 12:48, MissionMan wrote:
Is it really going to impact someone's starting ability on either of those kites?
If buying new, it will hurt their wallet when it's time to sell a stinker. When someone asks for help on the purchase of a new and expensive kite, I like to help. If buying used, that's a different story. Just get something and have fun.

He wanted to know if the Toro was good or a stinker. It's a good one.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:54 am

no beacuse you are comment on things u no nothing of - it al seems to come out of magazines - i have those already - i am after proper EXPERIENCE!

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:10 pm

hmmm....this might come as a shock to you...BUT HOW DO YOU THINK THEY GET INTO MAGAZINES? I'm sure the guys in the magazines would love to hear their reviews are conducting through guess work and without the help of any "proper expertise"...

Secondly, you have no knowledge of the investigations I went into before my last kite purchase and whether i looked into getting one, so saying I have no knoweldge of the kite is a joke

Thridly, You might also notice, I said quote:

"no, but I've seen enough reviews on this kite ranging from magazines to individuals to say it will do the job"

Notice the word individuals? I.e. if you search the forum (the little search button in blue at the top) and type in Toro you get these things called results which are also from real people and not magazines. This excludes owners of the Toro I might know. Using this simple search function I managed to locate quickly and easily the following topics:

phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1844&forum=1

phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1579&forum=1

phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1300&forum=1

phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1195&forum=1

phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=904&forum=1

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:14 pm

thans - but no thanks - that is hy i was looking for EXPERIENCE - which to me makes a REAL kiter - i think you are more paper kiter

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:20 pm

So? you just insulted all the pro's who test for the magazines, and all the other guys who added their info on the other posts? thats gonna make you popular.

Teach me please, oh master real kiter!

Thats why they have the search facility. So every time a "real kiter" like you arrives people don't have to keep repeating themselves.

p.s. Does that also mean that if some random idiot who hasn't learnt to fly his kite yet happens to be skulking around here and tells you its the best kite in the world, you gonna believe him just cause he happens to own one, even though 14 pro's form kitesurfing mag could say that its a bundle of crap, because he's a real kiter and they're aren't?

I think your logic is extremely non-existant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MissionMan on 2002-08-21 13:26 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”