Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Toro 12m...Is it any good and where can I buy it?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:08 am

Can anyone let me know what the North Toro is really like. Am looking to possibly move over to the Toro 12m but am not sure.
Can anyone give me any advice as to whether it is any good for a starter/intermediate.

Thanks
lindsay

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MissionMan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:16 am

These questions keep popping up, and it really isn't much of an issue, especially not at a level where your kiting is going to be astronomically effected by the kite.

From the 2002 kites, all of the new kites are pretty good. Obviously, next year they get better, but ANY, and by these I mean 90% of the medium to low aspect kites is going to suffice for your skill level, and by the time you are ready to move on, you will probably be ready to replace the kite irrespective of what brand it is.

If you go for a Toro, Cabrinha CO2, Airrush ATV, Naish Aero, Wipika Hydro, etc it is honestly not going to effect your performance until you reach pro level, so for the moment, it comes down to personal preference. The durability is obviously an issue, and most of the newer kites are pretty durable.(North kites are well known for this as well)

Even at pro level, it is difficult to say the X2 is better than the Black Tip is better than the Airblast etc when every comp you have a different company taking honours. All the top kites are gonna do the job, and its your skill thats gonna take you places at the end of the day.

Get the Toro and get kiting

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:20 am

thanks - have you flew this kite yourself ?

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:25 am

no, but I've seen enough reviews on this kite ranging from magazines to individuals to say it will do the job.

Like any kite, it will have pro's and con's, but I definitely haven't heard anything about bladders bursting or major reliability problems to warrant looking elsewhere.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:31 am

I do agree to the a.m. statement.

And the Toro is a nice kite, I never heard anything negative about it.
Good quality, easy handling and good waterstart. The only negative is the bar, but there are other bars you can get with this kite.
If you get the Toro 12 you don't waste your money, and that is always important.

Cheers
Toby

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:34 am

toby thankyou - good to get solid feed back from a proper kiter

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster

Postby Louis Cypher » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:37 am

I fly an Toro 12 on a small Wakeboard and like it very much . As Mission- Man already mentioned it' s kind of your personal taste what kite you buy. If you like a forgiving Kite with good performance Toro is a good choice.

Greetz,

Louis

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:51 am

On 2002-08-21 11:34, Anonymous wrote:
toby thankyou - good to get solid feed back from a proper kiter
how do you know? :wink:

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:10 am

TOBY - u r the man (man) - not a "paper" kiter who is just quoting reveiws and artikles :wink:

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:15 am

Actually, my girlfriend, who is pretty much a beginner, flew both Louis's Toro 12 and my X2 10.
She said something of the gist: the X2 doesn't stall as easily when in zenith as the Toro (note: it was a bit gusty), but the Toro isn't as aggressive in its power development.

She definitely struggled more with the X2 - but what do you want to do - I can't change back from X2s now :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”