Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

CALLING ALL C QUAD USER'S PAST AND PRESENT...

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:13 am

I wouldn't recommend them for beginners apart from the price and if you live in a lightwind area...

they are harder to fly than an inflatable and easy to luff if you don't fly them right..

for kitesurfing I use them solely in light winds of around 8 knots....

RUST IN PEACE :smile:

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:33 am

ok, they suck for kitesurfing, they sink, dont water relaunch and are dinosaurs.

facts still remain...
cheap kite
big power
flies in light wind
flies sideways, backwards, forwards
works on bar or handles
got my 10.5 c-quad for 150.00
will NEVER sell it

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:19 pm

Mite get a 10.5m C Quad at a later date for those real crap ass winds..... went out today with my 8.5 when my X2 wouldn't fly... even got going on occasions :smile:

But they are really a lightwind tool... a solid pulling lightwind tool but it's more pull than lift so the jumping isn't brilliant... well not compared to an X2 anyway!!!!!!

If I get the 16 or 18m X2 it's gonna be more for 10 knots than 7... inflatables don't fly well at all in 7 knots... that includes the X2...

BLOWN AWAY :evil:

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:49 am

You don't need lift for a lot of tricks, that's why they call them no-whip tricks... wakeboard style bro!!! Go the C-quad!!! I'm thinking that a big X2 may not be the way to go for light wind, sounds like due to the high aspect they are a big heavy, and no low down torque (although better than an Airblast?)

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:08 am

'sounds like'... you have no idea what your talking about!!

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:14 am

On 2002-09-12 02:49, aklbob wrote:
You don't need lift for a lot of tricks, that's why they call them no-whip tricks... wakeboard style bro!!! Go the C-quad!!! I'm thinking that a big X2 may not be the way to go for light wind, sounds like due to the high aspect they are a big heavy, and no low down torque (although better than an Airblast?)
Even the wakeboard tricks still use lift from the kite - it's just produced slightly differently, by loading up the lines and "poping" but the kite still has an effect in pulling the kiter up - it's more likely to be say at and agle of about 45 rather than about 80 in a send the kite back jump.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:21 am

For real radicial tricks you need time in the air, hence the X2 goes well for this.

C Quads don't perform like a high AR inflatable... you can configure them to sit back in the wind window and give good pulling power for wakeboards... this also makes them immune from luffing.

The X2 still luffs in the flukey stuff... then again all high AR inflatbles are bound to struggle in this stuff....

In interested to see how I get on with the 16 or 18m X2 when I get it... but I'm not intending to use it in 5-6 knots... I'm getting it more for powered up riding in 10 - 15 knots... big air and plenty of time for tricks etc.

I use my 8.5m C Quad for those flukey 5 knots as these kites have more low end than the X2 but the X2's have better top end than a C Quad.

When a C Quad is set up with loose brake lines the kite can be voluntarily luffed. The kite can be depowered and this is the setting used for buggies as it allows better up wind travel. When depowered the kite shoots forward when edged and dumps the power... not good for kitesurfing but can be handy for buggies.

A lot of fun in light winds.. especially when people with inflatable kites have to sit on the beach and watch... and far cheaper than kites like the mastair...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:26 am

You can configure an inflatable to sit back further but the lightwind performance sill is inferior to C Quads....

The Big C quads perform well with shorter lines for the record.....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

isis
Rare Poster

Postby isis » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:48 am

The safety feature I think is what sells the kite for me (just let go). Plus the fact that if you land them correctly they will stay put, which is great when the wind decides to crank. I allways find it funny watching all the Naishalikes wait till I come off the water so that they have somebody there to catch there kite when they come in!!!
Simple kites rule!!!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:01 am

Totally agree with isis...

I never need anyone to help me land my C Quad... this is very handly if you wanna land the kite to dodge a squall.... once it's passed just pull on the lines and up it goes...

Heck I'd love my inflatable to do that!! I'm now hooked on the X2's but will use my C Quads in certain conditions...

I have absolutely NO plans to sell my C Quads at all.

As isis said simple kites kick ass.

C Quads are easier to fix and cheaper to fix than inflatbles. No talcum powder, no threading bladders through small spaces, no swearing when you eventually get it fitted only to lose the valve when trying to pump it up due to twists in the bladder....

BLOWN AWAY :evil:

Return to “Kitesurfing”