Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Spain

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:36 pm

I heard that is not allowed to kite in Spain. Is this only for the summer months? Anybody knows is this prohibition reach Malaga beaches?

Thanks.

Chino
Rare Poster

Postby Chino » Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:46 pm

There are plenty of beaches where you can do kitesurfing in Spain. Is true that we keep listening stories about prohibition in several of them, but I don't think is a big thing yet. I was with a couple of friends in the Huelva beaches a couple of weeks ago and we had plenty to choose from, probably the best ones where the beaches near La Antilla, with a specially marked area (small but enough) for kites, and nice guys in the local school.

Anyway, if you are planning to come over to Spain, august is probably the worst month to do so, here everybody takes holidays at the same time of the year, and now the beaches are crowded.

patrisse
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby patrisse » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:53 pm

patrisse
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby patrisse » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:57 pm

We have had some problems in catalonia but are now solved, in other areas kiteboarding is also allowed , so you will not have any problems to kite if you stay away from crowded areas!

Chino
Rare Poster

Postby Chino » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:34 pm

Hey!!

I don't know how many people in this forum is kitesurfing in Spain (hi Partrise), it would be good just to know

....and....

I will be spending several months in Bilbao (north of Spain) for job reasons, anybody knows where to go around there to kite?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:55 pm

Hi!,
I'm not a full time kiter from Spain but in a recent travel I saw people kiting in the shore in front of Hondarribia (French coast) and in Biarritz (France, 25km from Hondarribia, good waves!) but this a little far from Bilbao I think.

Chino
Rare Poster

Postby Chino » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:36 am

What is an hour drive to have a good day kitesurfing?

Wouldn't you do it?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chino on 2002-08-22 09:36 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:28 am

Yes, I also think that an hour drive is not to far and the conditions are great! If you go past the city of Biarritz you will find a very long beach and a flat on low tide before the waves! Extremely recommended if you like this conditions!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:59 pm

Ask Andoni from http://www.windysite.com the famous kitesurfshop from Bilbao. He is always hard to reach so I think he will be on the water a lot !

Chino
Rare Poster

Postby Chino » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:23 am

I will be there in a couple of weeks....adn let you know all about it

See you

Return to “Kitesurfing”