Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How hard is hard enough ??

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:01 pm

6-8 psi is the correct answer. Personally I just do as ptraykovski says and pump it until the pump is hard to operate without forcing it. Should sound drum tight when you flick it. I'va had guys grab my bladder and comment on how extremely hard I have it, but I have never had one explode on me.

Never transport a kite with the bladders inflated this hard. It doesn't take much heat to multiply the air pressure in there and all cars, trucka and vans get hot as hell inside.

g'day
K. o'Contro

Den
Rare Poster

Postby Den » Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:00 am

I got mine at Walmart in the USA for $10 in the pool filter section. Try ebay under low presure air guage. We saw some 0-10 PSI guages for $8

Vangelis
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Vangelis » Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:18 am

After I blew my RRD last year I learned not to trust my pump. (pretty embarassing feeling and worst of all a whole week waisted).

Instead, when in doubt, I stop pumping and check the end-tips on my X2. If they are hard enough I stop, if not I could tell how much more they need.
I do the same with my Toro 16m. Check the tips and if there are still soft I keep on pumping.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:46 pm

On 2002-09-01 06:18, Vangelis wrote:
After I blew my RRD last year I learned not to trust my pump. (pretty embarassing feeling and worst of all a whole week waisted).
Why is this? A week out? DO you not have any local kitesurf shops? Do you have no local shop that stocks gear? A WEEEK?!?!

Support your local kiteshop people. It's the only way! You want gear now...support those who have it.

K. o'Contro

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:04 pm

depends on the kite.
i always pump my airush till the leading edge does not wobble anymore when holding it on the beach.

the wipika airblast 10.0 will only relaunch well if pumped up very hard, the big arx kites relaunch better when pumped softer ...

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:20 am

local kiteshop hahahaha...nice joke.there are not everywhere u know

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:45 am

For my 11.5 ARX I found that firmer was better... seems to be the same for my X2...

:smile:

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”